Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Key Arena, Seattle - 09/04/13

Default Re: Key Arena, Seattle - 09/04/13

VA, Im looking forward to the Indy show too. For one thing, I will be a lot closer in row 8 that I was in Louisville. Also, I want to really pay attention to these new arrangements. They've always been known for sticking pretty close to the original versions of their songs, but it was quite a treat in Louisville to hear these new arrangements. I just hope they're not too burned out by then! Glad you guys got to see a great show with some good moods onstage.
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.

Desperado

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aFh5O3VpuMA[/ame]
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

VA, thanks so much for the review! It all sounds just fabulous! Our guys never cease to amaze! Love the Eagles!

Thanks for the vids Austin!

Something I just noticed is they are all on stage with Don during Desperado and not in the dark! LOVE! I see Don has the brightest spot, but don't the rest usually get back in the dark during that? Maybe I just hadn't noticed before. I don't think I ever even noticed them being out front with him at all when he sang it. Is it my feeble mind?
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Brooke, I've seen quite a few videos where the rest of the band comes forward to the mics to sing when the harmony parts come in, like they did in F1. I don't know if they always do that though.

Thanks for the review - sounds like the guys are just getting better and better!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Thanks for the review VA. So happy to hear that Timothy put on some weight. Can't wait to see for myself in November!

Stuck on the Border Henley Honey's Avatar

I just got home. I'm exhausted but extremely happy I went. I'll post tomorrow about the show, but I just wanted to give a quick shout out to VA and HD. They were a pleasure to travel with. We had a lot of laughs and we crammed a lot of sightseeing in our excellent three-day Eagles adventure. Thank you ladies. I would gladly go to any City and any show with you. Maybe LA . . . . but that's a whole other story . . . . . .

It was a fabulous show. Kudos to VA for getting the tickets. She can be the new "fingers". We were front row on the center aisle. I had an AWESOME time. I know I say it every time I see a show, but they just seem to get better and better.

More tomorrow. I'm shot and I'm going to bed!

Welcome home, HH! Get some rest and report back tomorrow!
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.

Stuck on the Border Houston Baby's Avatar

I think what I noticed the most besides the outstanding harmonies was their relaxed mood. Every song seemed effortless & their smiles & laughter seemed spontaneous & geniune. I have friends that ask me how I can see the Eagles over & over again & it is because of their shows like these. I wonder how anyone would not want to see them over & over!

VA & HH - thank you so much for the wonderful Eagles/Seattle adventure!! I am still sore from laughing so much!! It is awfully quiet here tonight. And I checked at EMP & several other stores today for the Hendrix t-shirt like Joe wore during the concert & no such luck. However I did get an old Desperado lp at the EMP & got OOTN lp at Holy Cows Records in the Public Market plus a few old 45s. I also stopped at Cupcake Royale & had another ice cream!

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Sleep tight HH, rock yourself to sleep..........

Glad you all had such a wonderful time, that the concert was so awesome (HB! I totally 'get' it about seeing them over and over again!). Also that you had such fun together. That makes the memories even more special, as I know from my own experiences!

Looking forward to reading your review HH!
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP