Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: Key Arena, Seattle - 09/04/13

Default Re: Key Arena, Seattle - 09/04/13

So HB, you're still in Seattle? How much longer are you staying?
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.

Stuck on the Border Tiffanny Twisted's Avatar

HH glad you are home safe and sound..(ya know how I worry when you travel lol)

sounds like you gals had a blast.
    Love that you sight saw too..(such a term???)
    would have loved to have been a fly on the wall in the space needle when hh finally got va up there..lol

did u guys do pikes market the one with the big pig sign?

anyway ...sounds like a party ...but then again when you are with borders we bring the party with us..right??

Stuck on the Border Houston Baby's Avatar

I am leaving today PM. In fact I need to get up & "fluff & puff". My flight leaves this afternoon. I stayed an extra day in order to catch a Seattle Mariners game last night. I didn't stay the whole game but I can now check off another ballpark.

And we did go thru the Pike Place Market Thursday TT & then I went back yesterday to take some pictures plus there were some shops I wanted to check out. HH & VA - I took the monorail to Westlake, shopped a little along the way to the Market & then walked the harborfront back to the hotel. Took the same trail that HH blazed for us the day before. I'm telling you 6 months in Seattle and I would be fit & toned OR dead! I also climbed the " hills from hell" twice yesterday!! Once in the morning on the way to the EMP & once in the afternoon when I took some purchases to the UPS place. I did what VA told me the day before when we were climbing so many stairs, just picture Glenn at the top!

I will get my thoughts together & post more later about the show. But honestly there are not enough superlatives in the dictionary to describe it. Everyone going this fall, you guys are in for a fantastic show! Be prepared to savor every moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Houston Baby View Post
    I am leaving today PM. In fact I need to get up & "fluff & puff". My flight leaves this afternoon. I stayed an extra day in order to catch a Seattle Mariners game last night. I didn't stay the whole game but I can now check off another ballpark.

And we did go thru the Pike Place Market Thursday TT & then I went back yesterday to take some pictures plus there were some shops I wanted to check out. HH & VA - I took the monorail to Westlake, shopped a little along the way to the Market & then walked the harborfront back to the hotel. Took the same trail that HH blazed for us the day before. I'm telling you 6 months in Seattle and I would be fit & toned OR dead! I also climbed the " hills from hell" twice yesterday!! Once in the morning on the way to the EMP & once in the afternoon when I took some purchases to the UPS place. I did what VA told me the day before when we were climbing so many stairs, just picture Glenn at the top!

I will get my thoughts together & post more later about the show. But honestly there are not enough superlatives in the dictionary to describe it. Everyone going this fall, you guys are in for a fantastic show! Be prepared to savor every moment.
    Ok Deb..being a baseball fan myself...hown many ball parks you been too??? ( I think our kid is having a blast in Chicago...all I get are pictures of the baseball diamond from his seat in the stands everytime he goes to a sox or cubs game lol)

Yes, I guess I could take that approach exercising...Gf at the end of the rainbow..lol I'd be skinny...

JaHH did Pikes Market when he was in seattle on business (a trip I missed)He raved about it.
    I am glad you guys got to see it and experience it.
    It sounds like while the concert was the highlight of the trip...you had a great time in Seattle seeing all the sights and sounds.

NOw Safe travels my friend, Sweet dreams as you sleep on the plane ride home..

sounds like it was an awesome show! the month of August break gave them R&R and energy!

so often times it happens that we live our life in chains and we never even know we have the key.

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Is there still the same merchandise available?
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Quote Originally Posted by Prettymaid View Post
    AZ, I was going to wait until the Mods got a chance to move this for you before replying, but I wanted to let you know that you've been missed! It's nice to see you posting again. Thanks for the link to the review. Although I didn't agree with everything it was good overall. (And you King of Hollywood fans will appreciate it).
    I'd pay VIP prices to hear King of Hollywood sung.

GA - it did look like all the same merchandise. Tour program, metal guitar pick keychain, a tin of guitar pick, a ceramic coffe mug, about 10 different t-shirts, and the Eagles jacket. The only t-shirt that I don't remember seeing is the party plane one but I may have overlooked that one in the excitement.

Celle - I haven't been to too many yet but I have been to the Texas Rangers, Chicago Cubs, the old & new Yankees stadiums, Boston, Tampa Bay & of course the Astros ( Minute Maid Park & the Astrodome). Now I can add the Mariners.
    I have also been to several minor league ballparks. I think those are the most fun! And I
    love going to spring training. I wish I could do that every year!

wow Deb,

lots of baseball...like the mastercard commercial..lol
    More than me...old vets statium , citzens bank park, old yankee statium.
    I always stayed home if it ment my son could go to more games with his dad. (everytime two went verses three, ment more times two could go..so I stayed back and let the boys have thier time..)
    My son did see randy johnson strike out 16batters on his 16th bday in the new pittsb statium.

merchandise wise...what was the "tin of guitar picks"?? besides the obvious...
    everytime ec tours...he has a cardboard that has his guitar picks arrranged in a circle....kinda nice...we get one to use and one to frame lol
    so JAhh being a "player" I'd be intrested in what that was...