Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: One Thing About Yourself

Stuck on the Border

Default Re: One Thing About Yourself

Quote Originally Posted by Troubadour View Post
    I have enjoyed reading this thread, too!

TBF, that is commendable - congrats on sticking to it for so long.

One random little fact that I doubt anyone here knows is that I used to play football (soccer) in a league when I was a teenager. I was the only girl in a league of around 90 players. I'm quite proud of myself (with hindsight) for going along week after week and not being put off by the fact that I was the only girl. I was only around 11 when I started playing.
    I'm surprised that you aren't a bigger follower of the game; you are more into Rugby Union now, isn't that correct?

I have refrained from posting in this thread but I hated playing sport. I was no good at it & as it is a religion in this country, I suffered for it. I will watch it, as people who see some of my FB posts will know, but I can't play it & never could. I can swim fairly well though, which marked me out when I was at boarding school in England where none of them could swim.

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower View Post
    I'm surprised that you aren't a bigger follower of the game; you are more into Rugby Union now, isn't that correct?
    Yes, I love rugby. I still like football but I'm not crazy about one team - I do like to see my local teams, such as AFC Bournemouth and Southampton, doing well though. My Grandad follows Bournemouth closely and they were the first football team that I saw play when he took me to see a game against Bury as a child. I used to be really into football when I was a child/teenager, mainly because of my Dad, but I admit I will choose rugby any day now! I do like watching international games though, and enjoy league games when I watch them.

you better put it all behind you, baby, 'cause life goes on
    you keep carrying that anger, it'll eat you up inside--

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Enjoying this thread! I love reading about everyone!

Troub, the only girl, huh! Good for you!

I'm trying to think of something about myself...............
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by Troubadour View Post
    Yes, I love rugby. I still like football but I'm not crazy about one team - I do like to see my local teams, such as AFC Bournemouth and Southampton, doing well though. My Grandad follows Bournemouth closely and they were the first football team that I saw play when he took me to see a game against Bury as a child. I used to be really into football when I was a child/teenager, mainly because of my Dad, but I admit I will choose rugby any day now! I do like watching international games though, and enjoy league games when I watch them.
    You will be happy today, then. I am not so happy! Hubby's team Newcastle were also beaten & so were Rosalind's team Sunderland.

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower View Post
    I have refrained from posting in this thread but I hated playing sport. I was no good at it & as it is a religion in this country, I suffered for it. I will watch it, as people who see some of my FB posts will know, but I can't play it & never could. I can swim fairly well though, which marked me out when I was at boarding school in England where none of them could swim.
    I'm the same FP. Hated to play sports & was never any good either, except for swimming. I spent my summers growing up either in or on the river by our summer cottage so I had lots of practice.

Very interesting everyone. Glad you all like the thread.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."