Page 158 of 172 FirstFirst ... 58108148154155156157158159160161162168 ... LastLast
Results 1,571 to 1,580 of 1718

Thread: What Are You Doing Right Now

Default Re: What Are You Doing Right Now

Trying to get my mind free of worry and watching some YT videos.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

Sitting at work... working, kinda.

Big project needs to be done by Monday. Thought of something to add to it, so I came in. Our accounting person was already here trying to get caught up on year end stuff. She said one of the other guys had just left, and another other guy came in shortly after I got here.

This sucks. Usually after the election we gear down a bit until the end of the year. This year, the Secretary of State decided the counties needed to do one more thing before the end of the year (and before the current Secretary of State leaves office). So we're printing, folding, and mailing.

But that isn't even the project I'm working on. The SOS stuff is just getting in the way of all the other stuff.

I just love working Saturdays... not. Especially since almost two months ago we were all working Saturdays leading up to the election. Can't even complain about the bosses, because I am one. (And everyone who is or was in at work today is a boss. Yeah, we bosses work so the others don't have to.)

Sorry, got a bit bored because the program I've got running for my project is working pretty well at the moment. I know as soon as I leave, it will blow up. (And I wrote the program, so I have no one to blame but myself.)

Thank goodness for the internet and this board. Got something good to read for a bit!

Stuck on the Border

Hi CAinOH - What is your job ? Sounds interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by New Kid In Town View Post
    Hi CAinOH - What is your job ? Sounds interesting.
    I work for and partially own a family-run company in Ohio (my brothers are the other owners, but one of my sister-in-laws and my nephew work for us, too) that does voter registration software and support for 66 (almost 67) of the 88 counties in Ohio (Ohio does have 88 counties, but that 66/67 may not be totally correct; I worry about the software, I don't keep track of the number of counties). We used to do election night support (i.e., count votes), but we don't do that any more. (Don't miss that one bit!) We do our best to keep out of the political side of elections; our focus is not the parties but supporting the Boards of Elections. I can tell you that there was a lot going on in Ohio this past year to keep elections out of the hands of the wrong people and keep voter registration data safe.

In the past few years, we've branched out and also started a digital printing company. We print calendars, business cards, banners, do car wrapping and printing for vehicles... if it goes through our equipment, we print it! That wasn't my decision to do that, and I'm not exactly sure why my brothers decided we needed another company to work when we're all getting closer to retirement age, but it has come in handy with getting small jobs done that I need for the nonprofit I work with.

We just got another county as a new customer, and I was converting data this afternoon. Pretty much just watching the software run to make sure it kept going.

Stuck on the Border

CAinOh - I am impressed - I am not a techie person. Jez, no wonder you were so busy !

No longer in Southern California.We're now in Northen New York, the St. Lawrence Valley. :)

I'm sitting in the Greenroom at the Lucie Stern Theater in Palo Alto, California. it's between shows of Tuck Everlasting (we have a double today & tomorrow and finally have a day off on Monday), just finished my dinner that I brought from home and wishing home is where I was right now.
    I like my job-I'm the wardrobe manager, but this has been a long, hard run..and we have 3 weeks more to go! I'm totally exhausted. I get to do fun things like laundry and help actors change costumes. And I supervise the other dressers.
    Oh, how I would love to go on tour with my Eagles and be their personal dresser! That would truly be more exciting!
    Last edited by MarthaJo56; 12-08-2018 at 09:34 PM.

Border Desperado Midnight_Flyer's Avatar

listening to the Spice Girls

I'm at work right now, wondering why we are even open today. Only 2 of us in the office, everyone else took the day off.

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Hope you don't have to work too late, groupie.

I'm getting ready to start my cooking for our family get-together tonight. And then, tomorrow, I'll be at my sister's house most of the day helping her prepare for our family Christmas dinner.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

I'm vegetating watching some TV after our busy Christmas Day yesterday. Hubby asleep on the chair beside me.
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP