Page 166 of 172 FirstFirst ... 66116156162163164165166167168169170 ... LastLast
Results 1,651 to 1,660 of 1718

Thread: What Are You Doing Right Now

Default Re: What Are You Doing Right Now

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    Yesterday I spent the entire day decorating the tree and helping my parents prepare for having the whole family here (grandkids included) for Christmas. It was exhausting, although I was happy to help. They've become too old to do it themselves.

Today, we have quite a project. We are going to take a big family photo while the whole gang is here, including my sister's new husband - a big family portrait. The photographer has suggested we all wear the same color. The only problem is we don't all own the same shade of forest green, which is what we decided the color should be (I'm thinking this makes thing difficult - why not an easy color like navy - but anyway).

So the bright idea is that I should go shopping and find shirts for everyone today. Mom and Dad are coming with me.

I have a feeling this is going to be a huge nightmare. My parents cannot stay on their feet too long without tiring out and being in pain, yet they insist on coming, and while I have a concept of what I want in terms of shirts (I'm thinking of henleys for everyone ), can we really find nice forest green henleys in everything from XXL to youth large for the guys, and for three ladies that wear petite sizes and one who is tall and skinny like a model? And one woman insisting she wears a medium but if I buy her a medium it is not going to fit her because no, she does not really wear a medium anymore? NIGHTMARE!
    Oh wow, Soda. That is a nightmare indeed. Hope it works out ok!
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

family photos are a struggle. Keep the faith.this year cards for christmas were cut in paste with Christmas-y decor. I usually have one not happy etc. Good luck soda!

Stuck on the Border

OMG Soda ! I hope everything works out ok. I come from a big family so the thought of doing the Christmas ugly sweater picture thing would be impossible. We take forever just to decide where to eat and what time to make the reservations !

[/QUOTE]We take forever just to decide where to eat and what time to make the reservations ![/QUOTE]
    Ha ha ain't the the truth??

Random Eagles related stuff that happened last couple of days, I went to three different stores in a row, I was in and out quick and each played a Henley song...End of the Innoncence, Heart of The Matter and Boys of Summer...a Henley Trifecta!😂😂

Plus I was at Goodwill browsing cds and records....you never know and I found these! Not in best condition at all, cover wise,but records look nice shape. And hey they were a buck! I kick myself because I found a prestige copy at Savers and passed it by (why???) But thought I'd share I was happy!

IMG_20191223_153138_hdr_kindlephoto-431218524.jpg. I tried making larger but failed. Anyways if you don't know...Netherlands has appearances by Don Henley, JD Souther, Joe Walsh, Joe Vitale, and Joe produced and played guitar on Souveneirs and Don Henley,Glenn Frey, Randy Meisner, Kenny passarelli, all appear on it. Also interesting because there is an arrangement by Jimmy Haskell on it (Joe did two songs with Haskell on california 99...Jessica Stone and California Fairy Tale) and Jody Boyer has an appearance

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Nice albums, KW! I had those back in the day. Still love Dan Fogelberg's music, gone too soon.

Oh my, Soda, how did your search turn out? You poor thing! I can't even imagine how you would find all those matching shirts in the little time you had!!! I would have thought just blending the colors or complimentary colors would have worked. And surely everyone would have had something to wear for a two or three color scheme. Can't wait to hear the result from you!!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by Brooke View Post
    Nice albums, KW! I had those back in the day. Still love Dan Fogelberg's music, gone too soon.

Oh my, Soda, how did your search turn out? You poor thing! I can't even imagine how you would find all those matching shirts in the little time you had!!! I would have thought just blending the colors or complimentary colors would have worked. And surely everyone would have had something to wear for a two or three color scheme. Can't wait to hear the result from you!!
    I'm wondering too, Brooke! All the things that could go wrong on so many levels! I'm thinking Soda could sell it as a story idea for an episode of a sitcom! I know it's not funny in real life.
    "Be part of something good--
    Leave something good behind."

Thanks Brooke! Even though I can easily play these via Spotify or YouTube, there is some kind of magic with an album or cd for that matter. Holding it and looking at the pictures and liner notes, to me is so special. You don’t get that with digital.

I agree Dan’s passing so tragic. Cancer is so cruel.

Quote Originally Posted by Brooke View Post
    Glory hallelujah, everyone has left! And I can tell you how it all turned out.

It was an EPIC FAIL in every way.

I'm trying to decide how much of the miserable detail I should get into here.... I'll spare you most of it. After hours of searching, I found something - gave up the idea of hunter green (impossible) and went with navy blue. I got navy blue polo tops for the guys and because I couldn't find a cute plain navy top for the girls being sold in all of the various sizes so close to Christmas, I picked out something like this shirt. When I presented them to the rest of the fam.... suffice it to say all of my fears came true and then some.

My younger sister hated what I picked out so much that we wound up going out on December 26 and spending several more hours looking for something else. (I believe the descriptor she used was "awful" - any my older sister didn't really like them either). We brought the new ones home to more drama, as Dad wasn't exactly thrilled about having to buy more tops. This, on top of other drama about her returning her Christmas gift from my parents (my dad is touchy about that - I say just let her return it and get what she wants, but he feels insulted), led to my younger sister and her family leaving earlier than planned.

Let's just pray to the Lord God in Heaven that the photos turned out well!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    Glory hallelujah, everyone has left! And I can tell you how it all turned out.

It was an EPIC FAIL in every way.

I'm trying to decide how much of the miserable detail I should get into here.... I'll spare you most of it. After hours of searching, I found something - gave up the idea of hunter green (impossible) and went with navy blue. I got navy blue polo tops for the guys and because I couldn't find a cute plain navy top for the girls being sold in all of the various sizes so close to Christmas, I picked out something like this shirt. When I presented them to the rest of the fam.... suffice it to say all of my fears came true and then some.

My younger sister hated what I picked out so much that we wound up going out on December 26 and spending several more hours looking for something else. (I believe the descriptor she used was "awful" - any my older sister didn't really like them either). We brought the new ones home to more drama, as Dad wasn't exactly thrilled about having to buy more tops. This, on top of other drama about her returning her Christmas gift from my parents (my dad is touchy about that - I say just let her return it and get what she wants but he feels insulted), led to my younger sister and her family leaving earlier than planned.

Let's just pray to the Lord God in Heaven that the photos turned out well!
    Sorry to hear this, Soda. Expectations are so high at this time of year and sometimes the holidays bring out the Grinch in people. I have my fingers crossed for good photos for you and your family. In the meantime, put on an Eagles tune.
    The “ribbon on the package” ~ hitting the Soprano C ~ “One More Time”!

Quote Originally Posted by lovemusic View Post
    Sorry to hear this, Soda. Expectations are so high at this time of year and sometimes the holidays bring out the Grinch in people. I have my fingers crossed for good photos for you and your family. In the meantime, put on an Eagles tune.
    Thanks. Yeah, unfortunately, the "most wonderful time of the year" can also be very stressful.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten