Page 164 of 172 FirstFirst ... 64114154160161162163164165166167168 ... LastLast
Results 1,631 to 1,640 of 1718

Thread: What Are You Doing Right Now

No longer in Southern California.We're now in Northen New York, the St. Lawrence Valley. :)

Default Re: What Are You Doing Right Now

Quote Originally Posted by CAinOH View Post
    Hope you had fun, HB!

Checking social media from time to time to see who is "in town." Dave Chappelle is having a block party in the Oregon District of Dayton tomorrow. So far we've heard Kanye West and Kim Kardashian have been spotted. We're not going, but I know a few people who are. The tickets were free, but they're all gone now.

Heck, I just want to see Dave Chappelle. He has a farm in nearby Yellow Springs, and he's been spotted at the college at the end of our road several times (historical black college: Wilberforce University). About everyone I know has seen or met him (including my husband) but apparently he's avoiding me.
    Richie Furay was born in Yellow Springs. But you probably know that already.

Quote Originally Posted by MarthaJo56 View Post
    Richie Furay was born in Yellow Springs. But you probably know that already.
    No, I didn't know that. But I'd always heard Buffalo Springfield had a local connection. Now I know.

Stevie Wonder was spotted doing a soundcheck on stage. People claim to have also seen John Mayer and Bradley Cooper. (Bradley Cooper was seen in Yellow Springs several times way before "A Star Is Born" was filmed. Found out he was there to convince Dave Chappelle to be in the movie.) CNN has a film crew there. Mayor Nan Whaley has already spoken, and the event is supposed to start... right about now. Lines are long, but lots of reports of people just having fun. Good.

Curious to see who actually performs...

Stuck on the Border

Wow, sounds like the hot place to be ! Boy, I would love to see Stevie Wonder.
    HB, hope you had a great time.

Stuck on the Border Houston Baby's Avatar

Thank you everyone! I did have a wonderful time! It was lots of fun with my friends. I have returned home and back to the hot AND humid! I think this time I realized there is a difference between hot & dry and hot & humid.

Stevie Wonder was spotted doing a soundcheck on stage. People claim to have also seen John Mayer and Bradley Cooper. (Bradley Cooper was seen in Yellow Springs several times way before "A Star Is Born" was filmed. Found out he was there to convince Dave Chappelle to be in the movie.) CNN has a film crew there. Mayor Nan Whaley has already spoken, and the event is supposed to start... right about now. Lines are long, but lots of reports of people just having fun. Good.

Curious to see who actually performs...
    I am also curious. Let us know who performs.

No Bradley Cooper...

Chance the Rapper, Taleb Kwali, Teyana Taylor, and Thundercat performed. Michael Che and Jon Stewart spoke. Dave Chappelle hosted... and Stevie Wonder closed out the night. Chris Rock was seen close to the stage, but I haven't seen where he actually performed or spoke.

Kanye held a "Sunday Service" in a nearby park yesterday morning. He had a bunch of local kids involved with music and choir with that event.

Apparently, Dave Chappelle called Mayor Nan Whaley the afternoon after the shootings and proposed this. No city funds went for security... and the party goers started picking up the trash themselves before leaving last night.

It's been a rough few months for Dayton. Big ole KKK rally that cost the city $650,000 to "protect." Next weekend, 15 tornadoes devastated northern parts of the city and surrounding areas... then three weeks ago, the shooting.

Here's People's run-down of the event:
    https://people.com/music/stevie-wond...ayton-victims/
    Last edited by CAinOH; 08-26-2019 at 01:39 PM.

Stuck on the Border Houston Baby's Avatar

It has been a rough time for the area. Hope this event helped with the healing....

No Bradley Cooper...

Chance the Rapper, Taleb Kwali, Teyana Taylor, and Thundercat performed. Michael Che and Jon Stewart spoke. Dave Chappelle hosted... and Stevie Wonder closed out the night. Chris Rock was seen close to the stage, but I haven't seen where he actually performed or spoke.

Kanye held a "Sunday Service" in a nearby park yesterday morning. He had a bunch of local kids involved with music and choir with that event.

Apparently, Dave Chappelle called Mayor Nan Whaley the afternoon after the shootings and proposed this. No city funds went for security... and the party goers started picking up the trash themselves before leaving last night.

It's been a rough few months for Dayton. Big ole KKK rally that cost the city $650,000 to "protect." Next weekend, 15 tornadoes devastated northern parts of the city and surrounding areas... then three weeks ago, the shooting.

Here's People's run-down of the event:
    https://people.com/music/stevie-wond...ayton-victims/
    Wow, it has been a rough time. Glad this event has allowed people to have some fun.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Listening to music and playing with my new phone (iPhone 11 Pro Max).
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

At the Rhode Island Comic Con waiting for the walking dead panel to start. 😁