Page 109 of 172 FirstFirst ... 95999105106107108109110111112113119159 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,090 of 1718

Thread: What Are You Doing Right Now

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Default Re: What Are You Doing Right Now

Lol, AG! I'm sure it wasn't funny at the time though! Guess it's an acquired taste! I'll have to try them if I ever get down south!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Stuck on the Border AlreadyGone95's Avatar
    the middle of farm country (southwest Georgia)

Quote Originally Posted by Houston Baby View Post
    Brooke - the Planters peanuts in cans and jars are not the boiled peanuts that AG95 and the others are talking about now. Since AG95 is living in GA I bet she is talking about peanuts that are actually boiled in their shells in salty water. I'm sorry but those things are AWFUL!!
    Seriously my dad loved boiled peanuts. When we would visit our relatives in FL one of his favorite pasttimes was to go to the flea market and walk around after picking up a bag of boiled peanuts. I never developed a taste for them and I will try them every once in a while.
    I've actually had my mom go to the local flea market just to get a baf of them. Give me a cup full and 20 oz Dr. Pepper and I'm on cloud 9 for a while.
    -Kim-

People don't run out of dreams, People just run out of time

Quote Originally Posted by Brooke View Post
    Lol, AG! I'm sure it wasn't funny at the time though! Guess it's an acquired taste! I'll have to try them if I ever get down south!
    No, it wasn't. For some people, they are an aquired taste. Sometimes, you get some nasty ones that are immature or just don't taste right.

I don't know about up there in MO, but here local Walmarts sell canned ones. This is the brand they sell.
    -Kim-

Quote Originally Posted by AlreadyGone95 View Post
    No, it wasn't. For some people, they are an aquired taste. Sometimes, you get some nasty ones that are immature or just don't taste right.

I don't know about up there in MO, but here local Walmarts sell canned ones. This is the brand they sell.
    Whoah, AG, sorry I called out the Carolina boiled peanuts; obviously GA is the king of peanuts for you! lol...

"Killing" time until 10pm ET where I await Mort Sahl's presence every Thursday on Periscope (as opposed to me going from Michigan to SF, which I did do to meet him).. If anyone loves social satire, you can check him out through his twitter page /mortsahlsays

In the meantime, just listening to the Eagles of course (currently at "Is It True") and catching up on some reading here

Quote Originally Posted by LuvTim View Post

Whoah, AG, sorry I called out the Carolina boiled peanuts; obviously GA is the king of peanuts for you! lol...
    I'll eat any boiled peanuts, but nothing beats local ones, especially when the peanuts come from my cousins' farm.
    -Kim-

Stuck on the Border Houston Baby's Avatar

AG95 - you and my dad would have gotten along great! Except y'all might have been fighting over the last peanut.
    My other dislike for boiled peanuts besides the taste is that they are so darn messy! But I know I am probably in the minority since everybody else in my family LOVES them!

Quote Originally Posted by Houston Baby View Post
    AG95 - you and my dad would have gotten along great! Except y'all might have been fighting over the last peanut.
    My other dislike for boiled peanuts besides the taste is that they are so darn messy! But I know I am probably in the minority since everybody else in my family LOVES them!
    Lol, that's probably true!

The juice is what makes them so good, imo.
    -Kim-

Sitting on the couch being bored. Got too cold to sit outside but there's nothing for me to do inside either. I can't even unload the stupid dishwasher.
    I want to watch F1 qualifying but I saw the results and watching will spike my blood pressure.
    I did read 2 books this week. If you asked me what they were about I couldn't tell you.
    Oh wait...Bristol is on tonight. Don't care who wins that race.

Today is a "be lazy, do nothing" day. I'm snacking on trail mix and watching Murder, She Wrote.
    -Kim-