Page 116 of 172 FirstFirst ... 1666106112113114115116117118119120126166 ... LastLast
Results 1,151 to 1,160 of 1718

Thread: What Are You Doing Right Now

Stuck on the Border AlreadyGone95's Avatar
    the middle of farm country (southwest Georgia)

Default Re: What Are You Doing Right Now

I'm about to eat lunch, and I'm going through my old school stuff trying to find the study books for the ACT/SAT and proof of my GED scores. I found the books. I think that even though I won't be taking either of those tests, looking through them might help anyways. Now, to find the GED scores. I swear, my mom put everything but the kitchen sink together and marked it all "school stuff". High school mixed with GED and a bit of college related things all thrown in together!

ETA: I decided to go to the website(MyGED) and print out my test scores instead of making a big mess looking for the original copy. (Both copies are the exact same).
    Last edited by AlreadyGone95; 11-13-2015 at 01:33 PM.
    -Kim-

People don't run out of dreams, People just run out of time

I'm at my local health department trying to get a copy of my immunization records. It turns out that I'm behind on my shots. I need a chicken pox and tetanus(sp?) shot. I've got to get them before I can get my records. Lovely, just lovely.
    -Kim-

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Quote Originally Posted by AlreadyGone95 View Post
    I'm at my local health department trying to get a copy of my immunization records. It turns out that I'm behind on my shots. I need a chicken pox and tetanus(sp?) shot. I've got to get them before I can get my records. Lovely, just lovely.
    Yikes! Have fun there! JK!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by Brooke View Post
    Yikes! Have fun there! JK!
    Yeah, 2 bandaids and a sore arm. Ah, well it's behind me now. I'm on the way to the college now.
    -Kim-

I'm spending a quiet Saturday night at home, watching some Looney Tunes (the original 1940s/1950s ones). I'm thinking of watching the Indiana Jones movies in a little bit.
    -Kim-

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Quote Originally Posted by AlreadyGone95 View Post
    I never heard of needing immunisation records to go to college. Is that normal practice in the USA? Over here you wouldn't need them even to get into school. Its a parents decision. Immunisation for certain diseases is OFFERED through the school system but is not compulsory. In fact a few years ago a parent took a school to court for having her daughter immunised against her (the mother's) will and the mother won the case and was awarded compensation.
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Quote Originally Posted by Glennsallnighter View Post
    I never heard of needing immunisation records to go to college. Is that normal practice in the USA? Over here you wouldn't need them even to get into school. Its a parents decision. Immunisation for certain diseases is OFFERED through the school system but is not compulsory. In fact a few years ago a parent took a school to court for having her daughter immunised against her (the mother's) will and the mother won the case and was awarded compensation.

It's required for public school in general, starting with elementary school. If a parent doesn't vaccinate their child, he/she can't attend public school. I'm not sure what shots are required, obviously the 2 I got. It's even required for online schooling. I did part of the 10th grade online (never completed), and my mom had to send in my immunization records, even though I never attended a physical school. If a parent chooses not to vaccinate, homeschooling is the only option, although I'm not sure about private schools.

I hadn't had any immunization shots since 1999, so I was due for some, lol.

ETA: I believe that the requirements of the vaccines are different between high school and college. When I did the online school, I remember being told that I could use a chicken pox booster shot because I've never had it, but it was optional. I didn't get it. That was in summer 2012. This time around, I had to get it.
    -Kim-

I've been going back and forth between my bedroom and the bathroom for about the past 6 hours. Whatever GI problem(s) I have is in the middle of a bad flare up. I haven't had one like this in close to a year. My usual "cure" isn't working this time.
    -Kim-

Well right now I'm sitting in my robe looking at the clear blue cold sky. HeHe....
    I am preparing to travel for thanksgiving, back to were I grew up. It will be extremely hard to go to the town I grew up in knowing my Mom isn't there anymore. So right now I'm just thinking of memories of my past.

So Put Me On A Highway And Show Me A Sign
    And Take It To The Limit One More Time..............

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

DJ, so sorry. Remember the good times.

My dad passed away a few days before Thanksgiving 6 years ago now. My m-i-l also only 7 years ago. For the first couple years it was very hard, but time helps.

AG, feel better!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten