Page 117 of 172 FirstFirst ... 1767107113114115116117118119120121127167 ... LastLast
Results 1,161 to 1,170 of 1718

Thread: What Are You Doing Right Now

Stuck on the Border AlreadyGone95's Avatar
    the middle of farm country (southwest Georgia)

Default Re: What Are You Doing Right Now

My uncle's going through the same thing, DJ. It's the first holidays without my grandma. It's hitting him hard, especially since there'll only be 3 of us for Thanksgiving(him, my mom, and myself). Remember what Thanksgiving was like with her, and let that bring a smile to your face

Thanks Brooke. It's not quite as bad today. Guess who's now braving the holiday madness of Thanksgiving to get groceries? I hope it's not too bad today.
    -Kim-

People don't run out of dreams, People just run out of time

Quote Originally Posted by AlreadyGone95 View Post
    My uncle's going through the same thing, DJ. It's the first holidays without my grandma. It's hitting him hard, especially since there'll only be 3 of us for Thanksgiving(him, my mom, and myself). Remember what Thanksgiving was like with her, and let that bring a smile to your face

Thanks Brooke. It's not quite as bad today. Guess who's now braving the holiday madness of Thanksgiving to get groceries? I hope it's not too bad today.
    Hey, guys, I know what you're talking about because my father passed away just a few days before Thanksgiving in 2009, on the 24th. So tomorrow's going to be my day to be wistful. We'll always remember.

Quote Originally Posted by LuvTim View Post
    Hey, guys, I know what you're talking about because my father passed away just a few days before Thanksgiving in 2009, on the 24th. So tomorrow's going to be my day to be wistful. We'll always remember.
    Sorryfor your loss LT. My pa pa(uncle's/mom's dad) died about a week before Thanksgiving in 2013. At the time, his wife (the grandma who died this year) was in and out of a local hospital. I wasn't too close to them, but it really hurt my aunts and uncles, like it is now for my uncle. (He was caregiver for both of them.). Plus, as I said before, my dad was sick all throughout December in 2006. It doesn't seem like almost 9 years have passed. My mom is very emotional this time of year. I feel a whole lot of depression and sadness during November/December, but I don't get emotional (ie sobbing). I remember the fun times with my dad. I believe that he's watching over me from someplace, and that he's my "guardian angel". The differences between my mom and I make this hard time 10x harder.
    -Kim-

I'm debating whether to read some more of the Sherlock Holmes book I'm currently reading or to look at the ACT study guide. I think that reading Dr. Watson's Report sounds a whole lot more interesting!
    -Kim-

Thanks AG. That's what I'll do.

Right now I am watching it snow like crazy!! Just in time to travel, yipee.......
    The pass we have to go over should be a blast. My son drove home from college today and just about ditched it. Good thing we taught him to drive well... And I'm getting ready to hit the hay, lots to do tomorrow before we head east.
    Hey they were a great band.....HaHa

Happy Thanksgiving to All. Enjoy family, friends and all the love you can share.

So Put Me On A Highway And Show Me A Sign
    And Take It To The Limit One More Time..............

Quote Originally Posted by DJ View Post

Right now I am watching it snow like crazy!! Just in time to travel, yipee.......
    The pass we have to go over should be a blast. My son drove home from college today and just about ditched it. Good thing we taught him to drive well... And I'm getting ready to hit the hay, lots to do tomorrow before we head east.

Happy Thanksgiving to All. Enjoy family, friends and all the love you can share.
    Safe travels, DJ. And you have a very nice Thanksgiving, too.

Quote Originally Posted by DJ View Post

*sings badly offkey* "There's never been any reason to think about me.... save my life I'm going down for the last time" (I must find my Head East cd)

I don't suppose that you could bring some of that snow this way? Seriously, I'm always dreaming of a white anything in winter. It's only snowed here 3 times in 20 years.

Safe travels and Happy Thanksgiving!
    -Kim-

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Quote Originally Posted by LuvTim View Post
    24 November 1985 my godfather passed away. I remembered him on FB last week and one of my cousins lads commented that it was 30 years ago and it felt like yesterday. My godfather was his grandfather. I knew exactly what he meant. It never leaves you and we always remember.
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

It's all in your smile that brings
    All of the special things about you

I just got home after spending Saturday evening with my uncle. We spent several hours watching old videos of his cats and other things. It all started because of Facebook's "on this day" thing. I found this photo of my grandparents' cats at feeding time back in 2011. Seeing those videos brought back alot of memories, but also sadness because alot of the cats have died and so have my grandparents. It was nice to see them again. Some of the other things included videos of a local dragstrip (racetrack). My dad worked out there for over 13 years; I grew up there. I've been thinking about him since I saw those videos.
    -Kim-