Page 151 of 172 FirstFirst ... 51101141147148149150151152153154155161 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,510 of 1718

Thread: What Are You Doing Right Now

Default Re: What Are You Doing Right Now

Finally back home after weeks on the road. Sorting through mail, doing laundry.
    Love reading your posts- picnics, 17th century plays, Bali Café, jackfruit, stinky co-workers.
    I love you guys.

It's all in your smile that brings
    All of the special things about you

Stuck on the Border AlreadyGone95's Avatar
    the middle of farm country (southwest Georgia)

Welcome back, LT.

I'm currently missing the warmth of my bed as I prepare for a day of college and the hour long drive to get there. (I've tried to make looking on here a pre-college morning routine.)
    -Kim-

People don't run out of dreams, People just run out of time

Stuck on the Border Annoying Twit's Avatar

Welcome back LT. Do you have some fascinating trivia too?

Quote Originally Posted by Annoying Twit View Post
    Welcome back LT. Do you have some fascinating trivia too?
    Technically, no, since all I'm doing at the moment is watching the morning news and drinking coffee. Sooooo not fascinating.

OT: Had you spoken with me on Monday, you might have found my circumstances slightly more interesting, since you would have found me at the Peabody Hotel Duck March in Memphis, Tennessee, sazerac in hand. There I met a lovely group of Brits on holiday when we shifted slightly to the left in order to allow them a better sightline from the mezzanine. Chatting ensued. It was a most enjoyable break in a long day.(Although, I'm not at all complaining about the length of the day, which ended with a terrific evening at B.B. King's Blues Club and their house band. That was fantastic!)
    Last edited by LuvTim; 10-19-2017 at 10:18 AM.

It's all in your smile that brings
    All of the special things about you

Sounds like a quality bit of relaxing time!

EDIT: Just finished another bowl of jackfruit and fake ice-cream. It was a big can of jackfruit that I bought and the rest of my family are very conservative about trying new food, so it's up to me to finish it.
    Last edited by Annoying Twit; 10-19-2017 at 05:08 PM.

I am choosing a new mouse online

I decided that a lecture I've got to give at 2pm REALLY needs to include a topic that I didn't understand clearly enough to explain (*). So, I'm really deep in background reading right now. But, I think I've cracked it and am good to go.

(*) There's a big difference between understanding something and being able to explain it - they don't say 'the best way to learn something is to teach it' for nothing.

Stuck on the Border NightMistBlue's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LuvTim View Post
    Finally back home after weeks on the road. Sorting through mail, doing laundry.
    Love reading your posts- picnics, 17th century plays, Bali Café, jackfruit, stinky co-workers.
    I love you guys.
    Welcome back, Luvy! How intriguing about your long road trip. Were you on vacation?

AT: you didn't say if you enjoyed the jackfruit or no. I thought of our conversation the other day when I was at a "green market" and they had a big jackfruit display.

Quote Originally Posted by NightMistBlue View Post
    AT: you didn't say if you enjoyed the jackfruit or no. I thought of our conversation the other day when I was at a "green market" and they had a big jackfruit display.
    It was OK, but I think I prefer mango. Having said that, I ate tinned jackfruit and I'm comparing it to fresh mango. So, that may be an unfair comparison. Also, I really like fresh mango. So the comparison may not be as negative as it initially looks.

The tinned jackfruit I ate was very 'even' in texture, and it had a mild taste. Both mango and pineapple are perhaps similar, but have more interesting flavour and (in the case of pineapple) texture. It worked well with (non-dairy) ice cream.

It was good that you posted as it meant that I dug it out of the pantry and ate it. Otherwise it might have just gone to waste in a year or two.

Stuck on the Border NightMistBlue's Avatar

I was mildly adventurous and tried something new at the aforementioned green market: poke

The first few bites were good but then the look and consistency of the raw tuna started to get to me and I cooked it in the microwave. I'm the same way about eating steak or hamburger: it must be well-done and not have any pink or red.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Poke_(fish_salad)

Speaking of trying new things: Luv, did your sazerac have absinthe in it? That's something I've wanted to try but it was illegal up until a few years ago.

Apparently, the law is still very convoluted: "In the United States, Absinthe is not a controlled substance but its sale in bars and liquor stores is banned. Absinthe is however legal to purchase and possess." Huh?