Page 152 of 172 FirstFirst ... 52102142148149150151152153154155156162 ... LastLast
Results 1,511 to 1,520 of 1718

Thread: What Are You Doing Right Now

Stuck on the Border Annoying Twit's Avatar

Default Re: What Are You Doing Right Now

I have been a vegan for decades now, but I wasn't when I lived in Japan. Hence, I have eaten perhaps more than my share of raw tuna in my life.

Looking at the ingredients of poke, it looks to be something that I would like. The raw fish has an unusual texture and little flavour. The dipping sauce, or at least soy sauce in the poke should make a difference.

PS: If anyone goes to Japan, or elsewhere that does this, do NOT buy the sashimi that is marked down in the supermarket at the end of the day. It didn't do me any harm, but was slimy and seriously not nice.

Stuck on the Border NightMistBlue's Avatar

I did like the sauce, very much: it was a pinky-orange color and had a wonderful, fresh flavor. I added a dash of wasabi for some punch.

Luv is keeping mum on her absinthe experience, I see. We shall wait her out and eventually she'll crack. Luv, did you know that Joe Walsh lived at the Peabody for a time? Back in his drinking days. I'm not sure how much he remembers.

Quote Originally Posted by NightMistBlue View Post
    I did like the sauce, very much: it was a pinky-orange color and had a wonderful, fresh flavor. I added a dash of wasabi for some punch.

Luv is keeping mum on her absinthe experience, I see. We shall wait her out and eventually she'll crack. Luv, did you know that Joe Walsh lived at the Peabody for a time? Back in his drinking days. I'm not sure how much he remembers.
    Ok, ok, I give!! Yes! It had absinthe! LOL...

I could live at the Peabody....sigh....

It's all in your smile that brings
    All of the special things about you

Quote Originally Posted by LuvTim View Post
    Ok, ok, I give!! Yes! It had absinthe! LOL...

I could live at the Peabody....sigh....
    Wow, NMB, you should be a police detective. It didn’t take long for LT to fess up. You must have sent her a nice photo of that bass player with the long hair (and beard).

I’m glad you enjoyed your time away, LT.

Right or wrong, what’s done is done
    It’s only moments that you borrow...

Stuck on the Border NightMistBlue's Avatar

No, but LT sent me a lovely photo of the *other* gorgeous Eagles bass player.

My late Dad was an FBI agent. I think my sister and I may have inherited some of his investigative skills. I'm a researcher and she works in Medicare fraud.

No, but LT sent me a lovely photo of the *other* gorgeous Eagles bass player.

My late Dad was an FBI agent. I think my sister and I may have inherited some of his investigative skills. I'm a researcher and she works in Medicare fraud.
    Ahh, now that makes sense.

Right or wrong, what’s done is done
    It’s only moments that you borrow...

Stuck on the Border AlreadyGone95's Avatar
    the middle of farm country (southwest Georgia)

Currently attempting to do work for college club (Model UN), with only mild success. I have a position paper on human rights in Iraq due tomorrow night for it. My partner in this bailed on our meeting earlier, so I get to do most of the work by myself.
    -Kim-

People don't run out of dreams, People just run out of time

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

I'm watching TV - a programme about Queen Elizabeth 1st secret service. I've a cold too so feeling a bit fragile!!
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by Glennsallnighter View Post
    I'm watching TV - a programme about Queen Elizabeth 1st secret service. I've a cold too so feeling a bit fragile!!
    We watched the first episode of that. It was dreadful. William Cecil was not the Spymaster; he was the Secretary of State. Francis Walsingham, who wasn't mentioned until about halfway through, ran the spy network, although he did report to Cecil. Mary Stuart was Elizabeth's second cousin, not first. The cheap attempts at dramatisation were tacky. I hate to see my favourite historical period traduced in such a way. I half expected Philippa Gregory to show up.

Sorry you're not feeling well.

Border Desperado Midnight_Flyer's Avatar

watching tv