Page 168 of 172 FirstFirst ... 68118158164165166167168169170171172 LastLast
Results 1,671 to 1,680 of 1718

Thread: What Are You Doing Right Now

Default Re: What Are You Doing Right Now

I can empathize with your difficulties, KW. When they came out with DVRs I was unimpressed. You couldn't just hit "record" when you saw something you wanted to tape. Your recording couldn't be brought to a friend's house, and the recording space was limited. I wanted a physical copy in my hot, little hands! So I never got a DVR. But now, one of my VCRs died. The other one has ancient connections and would not work with my new tv. (old one died). I bought a gizmo on amazon that was supposed to connect the two, but didn't work. So I've got these cool music award shows, etc from the early '80s that I can't play. Will have to try something else.

Over a year and a half ago I shut off my DirecTV and WiFi. I am mostly next door seeing about my elderly mother. I had internet installed at her house, and watch her cable if there's something I can't miss. For now, if a show comes on while I'm at work (5 nights a week), tough luck!

I hope you don't have to wait all day for the installers to show up!
    "Be part of something good--
    Leave something good behind."

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

We cut the cord with Dish last fall and I certainly know how you feel too! We also have YouTube TV and I do have a cheap little dvr player that I can still use, but rarely do. Streaming is a bit aggravating since it doesn't come on the tube instantly like the shows on Dish did, but we're learning to handle it.

All this technology stuff is a big pain for me!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Ya well xfinity took awhile, but we are up and running. Like night and day compared to frontier for wifi. Still getting used to the xfinity interface, but so far so good. When the contract runs out, maybe I'll finally cut the cord as Brooke and Soda has done....freyfollower, I feel your pain too ! I have a ton of VCR tapes sitting collecting dust, I even have a vcr but have problems connecting as well. But at least this internet pain is over, it was hard going on the border with my phone! ☺

P.s. I searched xfinity for Eagles content which didn t show anything except,REELZ breaking the band. I heard it's bad acting and wigs to boot. I wanna watch it for how bad it is....has anyone seen it?

Quote Originally Posted by KingWalsh View Post
    Ya well xfinity took awhile, but we are up and running. Like night and day compared to frontier for wifi. Still getting used to the xfinity interface, but so far so good. When the contract runs out, maybe I'll finally cut the cord as Brooke and Soda has done....freyfollower, I feel your pain too ! I have a ton of VCR tapes sitting collecting dust, I even have a vcr but have problems connecting as well. But at least this internet pain is over, it was hard going on the border with my phone! ☺

P.s. I searched xfinity for Eagles content which didn t show anything except,REELZ breaking the band. I heard it's bad acting and wigs to boot. I wanna watch it for how bad it is....has anyone seen it?
    My husband would go through severe withdrawal without internet and wifi.

As to "Breaking the Band", go here:
    https://eaglesonlinecentral.com/foru...and#post378686

And scroll down a bit to Soda's post. I think there's a discussion about it.

Ha! What I expected, I'll probably watch just to see how bad it is. It's like why even bother if you are going to do a mediocre job? But wth I'll watch, then get mad at inaccuracies,etc and laugh at the acting...Ha ha. Sounds like a good time 😂

Oh ya, hubby goes through severe withdrawal too! Unbearable!!

I'm getting ready for the new semester, starting Tuesday. I'm teaching an overload.... it's going to be tough!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Hope you've had a little bit of downtime, Soda to get yourself back in gear for the new semester.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Well, I've already had some curve balls thrown my way and it's just the first day! It's going to be rough.

I came home and was going to "just take a nap" and accidentally slept for FOUR HOURS, so now I'm wide awake at midnight... lovely!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    Well, I've already had some curve balls thrown my way and it's just the first day! It's going to be rough.

I came home and was going to "just take a nap" and accidentally slept for FOUR HOURS, so now I'm wide awake at midnight... lovely!
    Don't you just love that? Hope your curve balls straighten out.

Wasn't looking forward to this year when it was still last year. But... so far, so good. <knock wood>