Page 62 of 172 FirstFirst ... 125258596061626364656672112162 ... LastLast

Thread: What Are You Doing Right Now

Stuck on the Border Tiffanny Twisted's Avatar

Default Re: What Are You Doing Right Now

good thing to do ...be prepared and backed up

Definitely! Smart move.

I had today off and usually on a day off I lay around and watch Netflix. However, for some reason, I got into this productive mood - imagine that! - and wound up doing a lot of things I've been neglecting - like cleaning, grocery shopping, laundry... things normal people do regularly, but I put off, lol. Anyway, it feels good to get all that out of the way!

Right now I'm streaming Star Trek: The Animated Series and I'm searching for a cute Star Trek: The Next Generation Deanna Troi outfit for DragonCon in August. I have to order it ahead of time because I'm going to get it hand-made. Her hair is a like a thicker and more beautiful version of mine, and I'm going to try to do a feeble imitation of that as well. I'm going all out!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

gonna hit the couch and watch Hawaii 50 in a bit which means fall asleep in front of the tv lol
    I gotta get up early lots of cleaning to do.

but I really want to paint lol

Border Desperado Brooklyn Roads's Avatar

^ Tiffany, I am with you! I like painting and drawing, too, when I get a free moment, that is! I have good intentions coming home from work, then I end up climbing on the computer, editing photos instead or researching family history.

Today, I plan to finish buying some items to fill up some Easter baskets to take to some Easter events we're going to tomorrow.

I would like to paint a little or do something creative today, so I am going to hit Hobby Lobby today and see what will inspire me. I want to find a really fine threaded canvas to paint on. Some canvas' have too much texture. Not sure if Hobby Lobby would have this, but then if not, I will probably have to go to Dick Blick in Berkeley.

Anyway, am excited for a day with my man tomorrow. We haven't spent a whole day together in some time.

Border Desperado Brooklyn Roads's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Glennsallnighter View Post
    'Streamlining' (deleting duplicates and backing up) 3 years of pics. Feels like my laptop is on its last legs and I want to have them saved on an alternative device if it DOES die!
    I totally know the feeling. I am archiving our family photos and like genealogy, it will never end. Just be forewarned, lol I hope you can get them off the main hard drive and onto a new one, though, before the other crashes! Always a good idea I store all my photos on an external drive.

Quote Originally Posted by Brooklyn Roads View Post
    ^ Tiffany, I am with you! I like painting and drawing, too, when I get a free moment, that is! I have good intentions coming home from work, then I end up climbing on the computer, editing photos instead or researching family history.

Today, I plan to finish buying some items to fill up some Easter baskets to take to some Easter events we're going to tomorrow.

I would like to paint a little or do something creative today, so I am going to hit Hobby Lobby today and see what will inspire me. I want to find a really fine threaded canvas to paint on. Some canvas' have too much texture. Not sure if Hobby Lobby would have this, but then if not, I will probably have to go to Dick Blick in Berkeley.

Anyway, am excited for a day with my man tomorrow. We haven't spent a whole day together in some time.
    what is this HOBBY LOBBY you speak of???

here its Michaels for cheap prices but its a regular craft store

I like the independent in town but he can be more money but the guy is super nice and always gives me 20 0/0 off my painting supplies.

I think I just have so much to do and as my son says mom you don't know where to start so you don't and you paint or make jewelery.
    oh well laundry is calling my name lol

Stuck on the Border Houston Baby's Avatar

To answer your question TT, HOBBY LOBBY is a craft store like Michaels. But Hobby Lobby has so much more than Michaels IMO or least in the stores in Houston. HL has some really nice decorative items for the house. I have purchased many decorative accents for my home such as pillows, lamps, wall art, vases, etc. They also carry the typical craft items for scrapbooking, parties, painting, sewing etc. I also like the fact that Hobby Lobby is closed on Sundays so their employees can participate in their worship services and have a day of rest.

Hope you don't mind me answering BR. And I hope you found the canvas you were looking for.

oh thanks HB.

I understand and I like them being closed on sunday too cause the independent I like is that way too.

I think I'd have to leave my wallet at home in that store lol

Stuck on the Border Houston Baby's Avatar

I need to do that too TT. I can walk in there with every good intention of buying one thing and an hour later walk out with a full cart. They have the cutest things!

If I go into Michaels I come out with a bunch of "stuff" I do not need. Boy is it fun though.....

So Put Me On A Highway And Show Me A Sign
    And Take It To The Limit One More Time..............