Page 63 of 172 FirstFirst ... 135359606162636465666773113163 ... LastLast

Thread: What Are You Doing Right Now

Border Desperado Brooklyn Roads's Avatar

Default Re: What Are You Doing Right Now

Quote Originally Posted by Houston Baby View Post
    To answer your question TT, HOBBY LOBBY is a craft store like Michaels. But Hobby Lobby has so much more than Michaels IMO or least in the stores in Houston. HL has some really nice decorative items for the house. I have purchased many decorative accents for my home such as pillows, lamps, wall art, vases, etc. They also carry the typical craft items for scrapbooking, parties, painting, sewing etc. I also like the fact that Hobby Lobby is closed on Sundays so their employees can participate in their worship services and have a day of rest.

Hope you don't mind me answering BR. And I hope you found the canvas you were looking for.
    No problem at all, Houston Hobby Lobby is really new to California. I think they have mostly all their stores in the Mid-West, but just recently, two have or are opeing up in our local Bay Area.

Haha, after all that talk of me going, I drove over there and it wasn't even opened for business yet. I saw the "Coming Soon" sign up. Ahhh, so I went to Aaron Brothers (another frame, arts and craft store) and after that I also went to Michael's (we have those here, too

TT, I know what you mean about the local craft stores. I try to support them, too. A lot of ours have closed up for business. One local one was called the Hobby Depot. I loved that place as a child. It was in a really old building and it was just chalk full of fun craft items. I also liked Benjamin Franklin Crafts and House of Fabrics.

Oh, and I could not locate a canvas that had less texture, so I think I am going to have to either buy one online or go to Dick Blick/Utrecht in Berkeley.

Stuck on the Border Tiffanny Twisted's Avatar

BR

My local guy had something that was black ,not white and not as course as he canvas I usually buy.I haven't tried it yet but its in the back of my mind to try it..

I did laundry and lots of cleaning with my jewelry making stuff cause I only have a little space to work in and now with the house going back up on the market , I will have to take my paints downstairs ..I am finishing up a painting for a coworkers little girl kinda sponge art grafatti with her name and flowers . I have been texting her pictures each stage and she is so excited it makes me feel good .

Now I gotta finish up the cross one they asked for from my church group so they could auction it off ...
    I'd post them if I could figure out that dang photo bucket thingy..lol

anyway I hae bying on line...lol I want to touch it and see it and feel it and smell it well you get the idea but everybody just goes on line or to the big stores.. The guy in the center of town has been there a long time and is so nice I try and go there ..
    Now there is a new place that just opened up and yo can go there and paint ......sounds interesting...
    of well dinner dishes aren't cleaning up themselves.

Stuck on the Border Houston Baby's Avatar

Headed to bed. I like going to the sunrise service on Easter Sunday. So I don't have many hours to sleep tonight.

Have a wonderful and blessed Easter everyone!

Looking at pictures online on Facebook from Record Store Day and wishing I could find another place with good condition vinyl for good prices. There is a good place near me but he's kind of high and I'd like to find someone with more selection too. I love looking through boxes and finding treasures.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

Stuck on the Border Tiffanny Twisted's Avatar

getting ready for mass. It is being said in memeory of my motherinlaw .

Stuck on the Border Houston Baby's Avatar

Sunrise service was beautiful, the weather cooperated this year. As a Christian, I always find the Easter sunrise service very moving. Now I will be heading to my brother's for lunch and the kid's Easter egg hunt. Hope the eggs have not been hidden yet. I love hiding the eggs!

I went to a sunrise service, too. It is indeed a moving experience.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by Houston Baby View Post
    Sunrise service was beautiful, the weather cooperated this year. As a Christian, I always find the Easter sunrise service very moving. Now I will be heading to my brother's for lunch and the kid's Easter egg hunt. Hope the eggs have not been hidden yet. I love hiding the eggs!
    I personally enjoy them better, too. I went to one about 8 years ago. But, since then, have gone at a later time. It's much more peaceful at sunrise. Not as hectic. I will have to try it again soon. I didn't get to make it to an Easter service this year and it just didn't feel right not going. But, instead, I went out and savored some nature and I felt peaceful in God's presence and I hope he can forgive me for skipping out on church instead. Nature was my temple today

Quote Originally Posted by Tiffanny Twisted View Post
    BR

My local guy had something that was black ,not white and not as course as he canvas I usually buy.I haven't tried it yet but its in the back of my mind to try it..

I did laundry and lots of cleaning with my jewelry making stuff cause I only have a little space to work in and now with the house going back up on the market , I will have to take my paints downstairs ..I am finishing up a painting for a coworkers little girl kinda sponge art grafatti with her name and flowers . I have been texting her pictures each stage and she is so excited it makes me feel good .

Now I gotta finish up the cross one they asked for from my church group so they could auction it off ...
    I'd post them if I could figure out that dang photo bucket thingy..lol

anyway I hae bying on line...lol I want to touch it and see it and feel it and smell it well you get the idea but everybody just goes on line or to the big stores.. The guy in the center of town has been there a long time and is so nice I try and go there ..
    Now there is a new place that just opened up and yo can go there and paint ......sounds interesting...
    of well dinner dishes aren't cleaning up themselves.
    That is so cool!! You'll have to post a picture of the finished work It sounds very cute and creative!

If you need help with Photobucket, maybe I can assist. Photobucket is just littered with ads and makes the website so slow. Plus, it's hard to navigate than how it used to be in the past. If I find another, better and less complicated site to upload images to post on here, I will let you know. Photobucket is kinda annoying me lately.

I agree. I love the smell of fresh and new canvases. I love going to Berkeley when I can (we head over there more often to feed our craving for Ethiopian food which we can't get here in the East Bay) and checking out the art stores. Their stores are a lot more sophisticated than out in the East Bay. I think because Berkeley is a college town/city (UC Berkeley and College of Arts and Crafts) and is known for it's vibrant and colorful residents, so art stores thrive there and attract more varied and unique items.

I have been disappointed in Michael's as of late because they hardly carry anymore name brand and unique oils/acrylics/watercolors. Maybe it just doesn't cater to the people who shop there, but would make it easier for us folk who want top of the line paints and not have to buy them online or go 20 miles out of our way for them. Hobby Lobby, on the other hand, for being a big box store, really impressed me with their selection of paints and canvases. They had HUGE canvases and several aisles dedicated to paints. I didn't buy anything at the time, but when this new one opens, I hope to buy some new paints.

I know what all of you mean by going into these places with the intention of buying one item and coming out with $25 extra on a bunch of super cute stuff. They suck me in every time!!

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

We have Hobby Lobby here and I love it too!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten