Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: RIP to Glenn's Mother

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

Default Re: RIP to Glenn's Mother

I guess I didn't realize they had shows this week. At the risk of being the odd man out, I'm going to say those concerts should have been canceled and any fan who had tickets and a heart would understand why. Maybe Glenn's Mom might have understood but I'm sure the rest of the family, especially his Dad could use the comfort of having the whole family together in their time of sorrow. I know when both my parents passed, that's all that got me through it.

I wonder how he handled it. Did he tell his usual jokes? Acknowledge what had happened? This kind of saddens me. I don't know how he did it.
    He sings it high, he plays it low

I try to refrain from judging people when they've just suffered such a loss.

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

Sorry if you feel I'm being judgmental because I'm not, I'm simply stating my opinion that in the case of such a devastating loss, I'm sure everyone would be more than understanding if they had canceled the shows so that this poor family could grieve in normalcy. I feel for this family, as many of us here know, this will be one of the toughest times of all their lives.
    He sings it high, he plays it low

Very sorry to hear about Glenn's mother. Prayers for the entire Frey family.

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Soda, that signature is so appropriate. Well done.
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Well, it's actually one I made when Glenn's album came out, but I figured it might be appropriate to briefly pull it back out and use it again.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Absolutely.
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Quote Originally Posted by TimothyBFan View Post
    Sorry if you feel I'm being judgmental because I'm not, I'm simply stating my opinion that in the case of such a devastating loss, I'm sure everyone would be more than understanding if they had canceled the shows so that this poor family could grieve in normalcy. I feel for this family, as many of us here know, this will be one of the toughest times of all their lives.
    I have thought about that too, Willie. However, I don't want to judge either. We don't know why the concerts weren't cancelled. There is probably a lot more to the story than we know.

Stuck on the Border Henley Honey's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Houston Baby View Post
    I remember when Roger Clemens was scheduled to pitch for the Astros the day his mom passed. He pitched that night and afterwards he broke down and said his mom loved to watch him pitch and he knew in his heart that she would have wanted him to pitch his scheduled game. He felt that he could honor his mother by pitching that night.

I imagine that this is part of what Glenn is feeling now. It must be extremely hard for him to be away but his mom loved to hear him sing and was so proud of him. I'm sure he felt her presence by his side the whole night. From what I read about his mom, she was a strong woman and I hope Glenn is getting strength from her, his family & friends and his faith now during this difficult time. My thoughts and prayers continue to be with him and his family.
    Very well said, HB. It's never easy when you lose someone you love, especially a parent, but if his family is as pragmatic and practical as mine, I think the arrangements have all been preplanned. I couldn't speculate but there may not even be a funeral. There could be a cremation and celebration of life party. Who knows? It's not for us to judge how he and his family have chosen to deal with such a personal matter.

What I do know is how proud she was of Glenn when he gave his NYU lecture. The look of pride and love that shone from her face was priceless. She glowed. That tells me a lot about a special woman and mother.

Quote Originally Posted by Henley Honey View Post
    Very well said, HB. It's never easy when you lose someone you love, especially a parent, but if his family is as pragmatic and practical as mine, I think the arrangements have all been preplanned. I couldn't speculate but there may not even be a funeral. There could be a cremation and celebration of life party. Who knows? It's not for us to judge how he and his family have chosen to deal with such a personal matter.

What I do know is how proud she was of Glenn when he gave his NYU lecture. The look of pride and love that shone from her face was priceless. She glowed. That tells me a lot about a special woman and mother.
    Thanks for sharing that, HH.