Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Did they ask Bernie and Randy to be part of the reunion in 1994?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Did they ask Bernie and Randy to be part of the reunion in 1994?

I've been thinking about this for a while. I wonder if Bernie and Randy were asked to be part of the reunion in 1994 or they just wanted the line up they had when they broke up. I always wonder. They ask Bernie back for the current tour and I think I heard (I could be wrong on this) they ask Randy too, but he was having health problems at the time.

Default Re: Did they ask Bernie and Randy to be part of the reunion in 1994?

Neither Bernie nor Randy was asked back for the HFO reunion. Glenn called it a "resumption" ie they were picking up where they left off with The Long Run, and that included a lineup with Tim on bass and Joe/Felder on guitar rather than Randy and Bernie.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Thanks, Soda. I didn't know that. I guess I was thinking about that since they did ask Bernie to be part of the current tour.

It also makes you wonder. If Felder didn't sign that contract to be part of the 1994 reunion tour, would they had asked Bernie anyway or just had only Joe or get a new guitar player(which I think they were going to do if he didn't sign it).

Quote Originally Posted by shunlvswx View Post
    I've been thinking about this for a while. I wonder if Bernie and Randy were asked to be part of the reunion in 1994 or they just wanted the line up they had when they broke up. I always wonder. They ask Bernie back for the current tour and I think I heard (I could be wrong on this) they ask Randy too, but he was having health problems at the time.
    You heard correctly that Randy could not be part of this tour due to health reasons. He had suffered a collapsed lung recently when he choked on some food. He used to play with a band called The World Class Rockers but he has not performed with them for several years. I have heard uncomformed reports that it is because of heart problems. Maybe someone else could shed some light on this as to whether or not it is true.

I remember (or in my case just heard he was in this band)Bernie was in the band Run CMW and I think that group was formed around the time the Eagles were reuniting. I remembered that group, but I didn't know Bernie was in the group.

I always figured the only reason Bernie was asked to join this tour was because its the History of the Eagles tour.
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.

I agree, PM.

Its good to see him back. To tell the truth. Before the documentary, I've never heard of Bernie.

Border Desperado The Thrill Is Never Gone's Avatar

No Randy and Bernie were not asked to the Hell Freezes Over Reunion. According to Don F, they did not even want to sing any of the songs that they wrote because they did not want to give Bernie and Randy any royalties from the video or CD. Wow that was really nice on there part considering that Bernie and Randy were part of the first 4 & 5 albums that they made. Nice guys.

Default Was Randy ever considered for the HFO tour?

Just wondering when the Eagles reunited in 94 any reports on if Randy was ever considered or asked to join the band again or was Timmy automatically invited?

Stuck on the Border

Default Re: Was Randy ever considered for the HFO tour?

I have never seen anything that suggests he was considered, so I'd say no. He left the band, Timothy didn't.