Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 289101112

Thread: Did they ask Bernie and Randy to be part of the reunion in 1994?

Stuck on the Border NightMistBlue's Avatar

Default Re: Did they ask Bernie and Randy to be part of the reunion in 1994?

Quite possibly. We may never know; Randy is such a mystery.

Would there be a market for a Randy Auto-Biography? I would think so even if not at best selling levels. I would love to hear Randys side on everything.

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by NightMistBlue View Post
    And to what Soda says about complaining that they didn't cover any of his songs in concert: it is silly on the face of it. I dimly recall someone on these forums figuring that a performance royalty - even for a big-time band like the Eagles - would only amount to a piddling sum per year, less than $1,000.
    The money would come less from performing in live shows than from sales of the CD and VHS/DVD sales of the new recording. What actually happened was that the HFO MTV show and tour generated a lot of interest in the back catalogue and Randy and Bernie will have benefited from that. In one interview from the 90s, Bernie described GH1 as being like having an album go platinum every year.

According to the RIAA, in December 1993, GH1 was 14x multi-platinum but by June 1995, it was 22x multi-platinum. That's 6 million units in 18 months! In the same period, the Hotel California album sold 4-5 million, and GH2 (on which Randy played on half the tracks) sold 6 million.

Stuck on the Border NightMistBlue's Avatar

Good news for his ex, who gets 40% of his recordings royalties.

Outlaw, I think there definitely would be many people interested in Randy's autobiography. Sadly, he is a very private person and doesn't appear to be changing his status any time soon.
    Last edited by NightMistBlue; 02-29-2016 at 02:50 PM.

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by SilverAcidRayne View Post
    Whoa. My head is spinning from reading everything. Lol I would think they asked them but with personal reasons I'm thinking they didn't
    They were not asked.