Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Did they ask Bernie and Randy to be part of the reunion in 1994?

Banned

Default Re: Did they ask Bernie and Randy to be part of the reunion in 1994?

Quote Originally Posted by VAisForEagleLovers View Post
    The whole show, right down to the introductions, is all about making Joe' The Man', so I agree, MC, not exactly a 'side'. We know, I guess, what the percentages were when they got back together for HFO, but when Felder left, it would have been redone and we don't know how that worked out. I can't imagine any of the guys still in the band ever letting that cat out of the bag.
    Well, not if they want to keep their job, anyway.
    Last edited by randymeisnerrocks; 12-06-2013 at 12:29 AM.

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

I know I would have made it part of a non-disclosure agreement and binding, but that's just me, maybe. It's really no one's business but their own.
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

Banned

That's true but I live for conjecture and debate, especially about my favorite subjects. I know it doesn't always come across in my smartass manner but I do love every one of those boys. I just love one more than the others! LOL

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by randymeisnerrocks View Post
    I know it doesn't always come across in my smartass manner but I do love every one of those boys. I just love one more than the others! LOL
    Me, too!
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

Loss of respect for band members is understandable if you don't believe they did the right thing. What I don't get is the outright loathing some express. And it's easy to tell the difference between simple loss of respect and outright loathing. Examples of loss of respect: comments about how you're disappointed in someone's actions. Examples of loathing: taking pleasure in insulting and mocking a person; wanting them to feel pain.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    Well, it's easy to tell the difference between simple loss of respect and outright loathing. Examples of loss of respect: comments about how you're disappointed in someone's actions. Examples of loathing: taking pleasure in insulting and mocking a person; wanting them to feel pain.
    Would that include mocking them over plastic surgery? Probably not.

Look, it is obvious that some people are touchy about their favorite band members. We can all see and understand that. But, Soda, you are just as touchy as anyone but just won't admit it. Its obvious that you're Frey all the way and that's OK but others should feel free to be honest in support their favorite, too.

Here's some real honesty for you with no beating around the bush: I am disappointed in the way Frey treated people while using the "good of the band" excuse, first Bernie, then Randy, and then Don F. I believe he was wrong. I still respect his talent and I love their music but you can't just treat people badly and still expect a good reputation.

Would that include mocking them over plastic surgery? Probably not.
    Frankly, it does.

If you think they look horrible because of their plastic surgery, you have a right to that opinion, but making nasty comments about how ugly you think they are as a result of their procedures serves no purpose.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    Frankly, it does.

If you think they look horrible because of their plastic surgery, you have a right to that opinion, but making nasty comments about how ugly you think they are as a result of their procedures serves no purpose.
    I did not start the plastic surgery discussion. I believe that it started on the Felder thread, which says everything about the point I am trying to make.

If you don't understand the difference between complimenting the effects of someone's plastic surgery and insulting them, then I don't know how to explain it to you.

I will say, however, that the next person who insults an Eagles' appearance gets a strike. I'm tired of putting up with it.

Border Desperado The Thrill Is Never Gone's Avatar

I did not start the plastic surgery discussion. I believe that it started on the Felder thread, which says everything about the point I am trying to make.

Yes the plastic surgery did start on the Felder thread. And talk about loathing, I think Mr. Felder has been loathed quite a bit by the gangs.