Thread: Barnstorm

Default Barnstorm

Is there already a thread for the Barnstorm album here? Please feel free to move this if there is. I recommended this CD to a friend recently and I found out that it's out of print. To me this album is Joe's Sgt. Pepper. Anyone know why it's out of print?

Also, the sound on the old CD that I have isn't quite as good as Joe's other discs. Barnstorm really needs to be remastered. I would love to hear this sound as good as the Eagles remastered CDs. I wonder who I could write to suggest a remaster/re-release?

Anyone else out there a fan of this LP? Not a bad song on the entire thing!

Wintertime is a razor blade that the devil made
    It's the price we pay for the summertime - J.W. '69

Default Re: Barnstorm

I like it too! I agree that it could use a remastering, but I'm not sure who to contact about that.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Not sure if this is the right place for posting this but anyhow...

Bill Szymczyk’s son, Michael, recently produced an album Retro Magnetic which includes a remix/re-recording of “Here We Go” from Barnstorm. Joe Walsh, Joe Vitale and Kenny Passarelli all added dubs to the track, while Lucy Walsh sings the lead.

Lucy Walsh doesn’t remember hearing the song before she sang it. Her musician friend Jason Freese (brother of drummer Josh and keyboardist in Joe Walsh’s solo band) helped her get the vocal down in the studio.
    “It is the hardest song I’ve ever sang,” she said with a laugh. “As a singer this song is so damn difficult. I was cursing my dad… There’s no way to work it out rhythmically. It’s all over the place.”
    https://bestclassicbands.com/michael...elli-10-11-19/

Right or wrong, what’s done is done
    It’s only moments that you borrow...

Barnstorm is fantastic. Really beautiful and underappreciated. Joe has said that even the higher ups were upset he left James Gang so wouldn't promote it as well as it should've been.

Border Troubadour

My favourite album of any Eagle and one of my favourite ever, alas it gets nowhere near the credit or recognition it is due. I am particularly fond of the final three tracks (I'll Tell the World, Turn to Stone and the heartbreaking Comin' Down), but the vast majority of my adoration goes to the amazing (One and One /) Giant Bohemoth. It takes me to a different planet. Wonderful.

Quote Originally Posted by Delilah View Post
    Not sure if this is the right place for posting this but anyhow...

Bill Szymczyk’s son, Michael, recently produced an album Retro Magnetic which includes a remix/re-recording of “Here We Go” from Barnstorm. Joe Walsh, Joe Vitale and Kenny Passarelli all added dubs to the track, while Lucy Walsh sings the lead.

https://bestclassicbands.com/michael...elli-10-11-19/

cool thanks Delilah! Love hearing stuff like this.
    I agree last resort 😎👍🏻