Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Happy 60th birthday Don!

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Happy 60th Birthday, Don! Thank you for the gift of your great music. May you have many, many more.

And that brings us to your question, fw. With the way these guys are holding up, I think it's possible that they will still be going strong for a quite few years yet. At least we all hope so. It's so funny because I remember hearing them make comments back in the '70's about how they wouldn't be playing rock 'n roll when they were in their 30's.

And here you go - this was taken just last year in Aspen. Who says you can't be sixty and sexy!

And OBTW - Thanks for the downloads, Soda. What an excellent way to celebrate!

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Stuck on the Border

It was yesterday down here and I had a 'Don Henley is 60' playlist on the iPod. I hope Don has a wonderful 60th birthday.

This is one of my favourite 'pixie faces'.

Happy birthday Don, belatedly.

HAP-PY BIRTH-DAY TO YOU
    HAP-PY BIRTHDAY TO YOU
    HAP-PY BIRTH-DAY DEAR DON
    HAP-PY BI-I-IRTH-DAY TOOOOO YOOOOOU!

Happy birthday, dearest Don, and may you see many more! I wish I could sing for you!! I would have wished you yesterday, but I had no internet access! My thoughts were with you most of the day, though, as I played Eagles music, and I wished you a wonderful day, surrounded by your family and friends, and everything that you hold dear, and everything that brings you ultimate joy. Thank you for your incomparable music, that has brought me so much joy over the last three years. May you long be able to entertain us in this way, as it really enriches our lives. You are certainly one of the greats of our time, and it's such a privilege to be able to type you this message.

I've got a peaceful, easy feeling
    And I know Glenn won't let me down

wow, when you wish somebody a happy birthday, you do go all the way, don't you Mrs Frey. Hahaha.
    "You haven't lived till you've stood in the refrigerated section, staring at the frozen peas, listening to the Muzak version of Desperado coming over. That's when you know you've made it. "

I have really enjoyed reading and listening to all the new Don material on DHOL. The man is immmensely quotable, and I love reading his intelligent interviews.

However, sometimes the writers of these articles tend to go a bit overboard. Nancy, where did the 1991 review of Don's show with Susannah Hoffs originally print? I can't help but believe that the majority of readers had trouble deciphering exactly what the reviewer meant in this statement:

Songs "from Henley's three solo albums ...and several Eagles songs...amounted to a personal tug of war between caustic cynicism and grudging compassion. Often the former attitude got the upper hand, with prickly, sulfurous songs like Victim of Love and All She Wants To Do Is Dance appearing to revel in the hardened aura of footloose turpitude to which they superficially lay waste."

To be fair, the reviewer redeemed himself later when he wrote:

"But then there were numbers like The End of the Innocence and Heart of the Matter in which the soul of a wounded romantic emerged from Henley's raspy throat."

It looks like Rolling Stone to me, but I got the clipping from GEF, so I can't be sure.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Happy belated birthday Don!
    How can love survive in such a graceless age?

Quote Originally Posted by DonFan
    Nancy, where did the 1991 review of Don's show with Susannah Hoffs originally print?
    Yes, Nancy is right, it's from Rolling Stone, October 3rd, 1991. I agree with you about the tone of the review!

www.donfelderonline.com
    ~~~~~
    This way to happiness...

Looks to me like Rolling Stone never did get over the fact that the Eagles beat their butt in that infamous softball game!