Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I need some help from my fellow Eagles lovers

Border Desperado SoaringRockyMountainWay's Avatar

Default Re: I need some help from my fellow Eagles lovers

Thank you for all the great advice. I will keep all of it in mind. All the other girls in my class like 1d. I don't know what they see in them. I personally think that Don Henley's and Glenn Frey's song writing can't be beat and Joe Walsh's guitar playing is amazing. My friends just don't understand what Eagles' songs got me through. Their songs are great and I don't know what I'd do without them. If they can't see that I love the Eagles and their awesomeness that's their problem. I will go on with my life and listen to the Eagles every night. I will always think the Eagles are the best band ever.
    People talking about us they got nothing else to do. When it all comes down we will still come through in the long run.

Quote Originally Posted by randymeisnerrocks View Post
    AND I'm from the South (where you can't swing a cat down here without hitting an Eagles fan)
    Such a cute saying! It IS just a saying, isn't it? Lol!
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.

SMRW, don't let the haters get you down. Years from now they'll be embarrassed about liking 1d, just like I get embarrassed about liking New Kids on the Block. By contrast, the Eagles have stood the test of time and always will!

Don't feel the need to defend yourself for liking the Eagles. If those guys don't listen to the same music, it's their loss but it's no skin off your back. If they're being jerks about it, dump them and find cooler friends.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Stuck on the Border Witchy Woman's Avatar

I've always liked what I like, and could give a damn what others think. I don't live on this Earth to please anyone else but myself. Eff anyone who tries to make you miserable.

Border Troubadour

On a similar note I was discussing music over a few beers last night with my new university flatmates and they just talked non-stop about dubstep, club, trance, house, garage music etc. I mentioned the Eagles when it turned to my musical interests and one bloke actually said they were 'awesome' (I think, I was quite inebriated by this stage). That led to a discussion about how good they thought Rush, Lynyrd Skynyrd and The Who were, amongst others Just goes to show ya never know what people keep quiet when it comes to stuff like this, listen deeply enough at school / work and you might find some more

The rest of their comments on the Eagles was basically how much of a 'great tune' HC was but how none of them (and therefore everyone on planet Earth) knew any other Eagles song.

Banned

Talking Re: I need some help from my fellow Eagles lovers

Quote Originally Posted by Prettymaid View Post
    Such a cute saying! It IS just a saying, isn't it? Lol!
    Yes, Mai'm, it's just a Southern expression. I actually like cats very much.