Thread: BOK Center, Tulsa, OK - 10/9/2013

Default Re: Eagles at BOK Center, Tulsa, OK - 10/9/2013

The Long Run

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=satrCxO_8hc[/ame]
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

LITFL

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dr5_Mbzy1qo[/ame]

LBG

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZnbxWQRYtJI[/ame]

PMAIAR

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oO08zENHwiI[/ame]
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

Glad yall like the pics so far. Been a busy bee this past work week but I finally got all the pictures resized and uploaded. I'll post more pics soon. First, some thoughts on the show.....I LOVE THIS NEW TOUR!!! I wish I didn't have to blink at all because I didn't want to miss a single moment of this concert. This setlist is AWESOME!!! I wish that they would record this newer version of Witchy Woman and put it on a cd. I almost didn't recognize it at first until Don started singing. I was sooooo happy to finally hear/see them perform Tequila Sunrise. That's always been a favorite and it nearly brought a tear to my eye seeing it played right in front of me.

I thought it was pretty cool that Don mentioned that they opened the BOK 5 years ago. He said they thought that it was only two years ago which got a big laugh. I was there that opening night and it was sold out then and it was once again a packed house.

Overall the guys seemed to be in great spirits. Laughing during songs and chatting in between. I think it was during Life In The Fast Lane when, at the end of the song, everybody is looking at Joe for the final moment and I just happened to be watching Don at that very moment when he thought the song was going to be over and Joe extended that last guitar note just a second longer and almost made Don miss it but he caught it and hit the drums on time. Every body on stage saw this and they all got a laugh out of it.

I'm so glad they brought back 2 encores. The last few times I saw them they had cut it down to one encore with 3 songs by that time of the tour.

I do miss seeing them do Boys of Summer and Walk Away and some of the other solo songs but I really enjoyed all of the songs they've added. I almost prefer it this way now.

It was really cool to see Bernie out there with them. I enjoyed seeing him sing. I'm glad he's on this tour with them. Makes it a little more special. Glenn gave a shout out to Randy before singing TITTL which I thought was really nice of him to do. I like that song more and more each time I see them perform it live.

I'm skipping around here, my apologies. I realize this is all out of order from the concert but I'm just typing as I remember certain things.

Joe was wearing some crazy looking sneakers. I didn't notice it until sometime during the second set. They looked like something a teenager would wear but oddly enough the style seemed to fit Joe perfectly. I took a picture of them but it didn't come out too clearly.

There was a guy at least 6 foot 3 in front of me with a giant head so there were times when I tried to take a picture and his head would come into view so i missed out on some good shots but I still got plenty. Nearly 300 pics actually. I managed to narrow that down to just over 200 because there were many that came out blurry. Don's my man so I took many of him but there are lots of Glenn and Joe. I did my best to take some good shots of Tim but since I was on Joe's side it was hard to get some good close ups of him. And every time I tried to take a good pic of Tim he would move right at that moment and it would turn out blurry. Same with pics of Bernie. I tried to take a couple of Will but they turned out super blurry so unfortunately i had to delete them.

Going into this concert I approached it like it would be my last but I loved this concert so much that if i can some how make it happen I may try to see them again. Never say never, right?
    ~Jess~

Stranded "on a corner in Winslow, Arizona
    Such a fine sight to see."

More pics.....

~Jess~

~Jess~

~Jess~

~Jess~

OMG!!! I nearly forgot...how could I forget this....I was third row right in front of Joe and right after Desperado was over i made my way to the front. After the guys bowed and was making their way from the left side of the stage and coming my way, the guys all gave guitar picks and Don gave drumsticks to this little girl (7 or 8 years old). Joe had a pick left and threw it out to us and it landed right by me. I had to be quick as lighting because there was a 50 something year old man right by me that was going for it too. It landed right in between us and as we were both reaching for it I just stepped on it. Nothing the guy could do. He should've been quicker.

I was trying to take pictures of the guys as they were walking by and waving. I discovered this picture after the concert of Joe right in front of me before he threw that pick. You can even see that he's got the pick in his hand.

~Jess~

Here's the link to the rest of the pictures

http://s798.photobucket.com/user/Pee...ulsa%2010-9-13
    ~Jess~

Oh Peek, I wish you were able to post more often because your review made me remember why I like reading your posts. Love the story about you and the guy both going for the pick. "He should have been quicker". Love it.

Thanks for the pictures. Great work! And I'm really, really glad you liked this show. I think it's the best Eagles show ever, partly because of Bernie being with them, but mostly because of the intimate way the show unfolds and the new arrangements on some of the songs. They finally tried something different and it's paying off big, keeping it fresh for them and for their audience.
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.