Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Fedex Forum, Memphis, TN 10/14/2103

Stuck on the Border Henley Honey's Avatar

Default Fedex Forum, Memphis, TN 10/14/2103

Soda and Dreamer are in the second row directly behind Houston Baby in the front row. They are in front of Joe and they are BURSTING with excitement!!!!

Stuck on the Border MaryCalifornia's Avatar

Default Re: Eagles at Fedex Forum, Memphis, TN 10/14/2103

woo hoo! Can't wait to hear their reports!!!

Great seats!
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Henley Honey View Post
    Soda and Dreamer are in the second row directly behind Houston Baby in the front row. They are in front of Joe and they are BURSTING with excitement!!!!
    This is good news!!! Glad they got such good seats!
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

I'm looking forward to hearing about the show in Memphis. I should I had drove to Memphis.

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Quote Originally Posted by Henley Honey View Post

Great seats girls!
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Stuck on the Border Houston Baby's Avatar

This will be brief as I am sitting in the Memphis airport waiting for my flight. I got 11/2 hours sleep last night BUT it was so worth it!! As I said in the NYC thead the guys keep getting better & better. I don't know how they do it. They looked wonderful & sounded great. They were in a great mood & even seemed to be improvising more. Soda , Dreamer & I made some notes about the concert last night. One of them will post a review & then I will add my thoughts. For now a little teaser - let's just say that "ELVIS" made an appearance on stage last night!

TITTL

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9T5rhTHYr7w[/ame]
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

Quote Originally Posted by Houston Baby View Post
    This will be brief as I am sitting in the Memphis airport waiting for my flight. I got 11/2 hours sleep last night BUT it was so worth it!! As I said in the NYC thead the guys keep getting better & better. I don't know how they do it. They looked wonderful & sounded great. They were in a great mood & even seemed to be improvising more. Soda , Dreamer & I made some notes about the concert last night. One of them will post a review & then I will add my thoughts. For now a little teaser - let's just say that "ELVIS" made an appearance on stage last night!
    Thanks for checking in. It sounds amazing!!! Makes me all the more excited for Indy (if that's possible). I hope you sleep like a 'Houston Baby' on your flight home.
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.

After such an incredible concert and staying out so late with Dreamer and HB, it was certainly difficult to get up at 4:30 this morning for work. I have about a half an hour before classes start and I was going to try and post a review now, but my laptop is acting up and running very slowly, so I'll have to wait until later.

However, some quick points:

The seats I had - second row right in front of Joe - were the best seats I've had for an Eagles show ever, I think. I had first row a couple years ago but the stage was really high at that show so I couldn't see the whole stage at one time. At this one, the stage was closer to the seats than Louisville and not only was it great for viewing, it was great for taking photos. I only took a few because I didn't want to spend the whole night taking photos, but I managed to capture a few cute moments.

Speaking of cute moments... one of the biggest surprises of the night was when Glenn donned an Elvis wig during Rocky Mountain Way. Apparently none of the band knew he was going to do that because they were either laughing or, in Joe's case, pretending to be terrified, lol. What a hoot!

They varied their "conversational filler" and I heard some stories I'd never heard before. I freaking love that - they're still doing things a bit differently instead of just reciting the same old lines. No Plaintiff joke, to my delight, although there were a couple of recycled ones (you can't expect all new material)!

While Don started out a little hoarse and Joe flubbed a couple guitar lines - you'd only notice if you were obsessive like me - overall everything was fantastic. It seemed like they were having a great time. Although there were two or three douches that pissed off Glenn and Don a couple times (in this case, deservedly so), the crowd overall was responsive and practically sold out - not an easy feat in an economically depressed area like Memphis when tickets are not exactly cheap.

For the first time this tour, I got some "Glenntact" lol (as did Dreamer and even HB I think). After "Saturday Night" Glenn stopped and mouthed "Thank you" and it appeared to be directly at me, like he'd done for some of the solo shows. Still, I considered the possibility that maybe it meant for the person directly behind me or something, so I tried not to assume too much, but then after the show on his way out he stopped, pointed at me, smiled and said "You!" Then he did the same for Kay. No possibility of mistake there! Since I'll be further back in LA, I doubt this will happen again, so it was cool that it happened once before the tour was over. You can imagine how thrilled we were. Little things mean a lot to me!

I think the show was even better than Louisville and Washington DC! If you only go to one Eagles concert in your life, you should go to one on this tour. They will blow you away with the deep cuts, fascinating stories, and energy with Bernie Leadon added to the mix.

I'll try to add more later - Dreamer and HB, please feel free - and I will definitely get those photos posted soon!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten