Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 2013 RNR Hall of Fame Nominees

Default Linda Ronstadt is nominated to be inducted into Rock and Roll Hall of Fame

Linda's name is on the ballot to be inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame next year.

Fingers crossed that she is one of the five selected to be inducted next year.

My five pick that I think that should be inducted next year: Linda, Peter Gabriel, Hall & Oates, Kiss and Nirvana. If it was 6, I say LL Cool J even though he's a rapper. Oh well shouldn't they change the name because not everybody rock and rollers.

http://rockhall.com/inductees/

http://www.people.com/people/article...745988,00.html

Default Re: Linda Ronstadt is nominated to be inducted into Rock and Roll Hall of Fame

Awesome. She definitely deserves it.

Yes and KISS is way overdue for the RnRHOF. I really don't "get" that place and the way they vote them in. I really don't have any opinions either way on the others but KISS definitely. Say what you want about their depth or musicality, but they have inspired so many musicians that we all love and they do give fans their money's worth at a show, they are great entertainers in a rock n' roll form, and for that they get my vote. So glad Heart and RUSH got in last year, and GNR the year before that.

And yes, there should be a name change as they aren't all rock n' rollers in there. To me there is a difference between rock n' roll, and rock/pop/rap, etc. There are a LOT of rock bands out there now but not very many rock n' ROLL bands, they seem to forget that part and confuse the two. It's about the groove and most modern rock is a huge turnoff for me. Buckcherry is a great example of a modern day rock n' roll band who is old school and gets the importance of the roll.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

Default Re: Linda Ronstadt is nominated to be inducted into Rock and Roll Hall of Fame

I certainly hope that Linda makes it in. She deserves it.

i'd love to see The Replacements get in as well, but doubt that will happen...

Stuck on the Border Henley Honey's Avatar

She is certainly deserving and it's way overdue, but I wonder if she'll accept the nomination. She's said in recent interviews that she was never in it for the accolades or awards. It was about the music. Hmmmm.

If she does accept and gets in, I wonder who will do the induction???

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Good question, HH! Could be someone we know rather well!

Congrats to her, she deserves it for sure!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Stuck on the Border Outlawman13's Avatar

She most definitely deserves to be in the RNR HOF!!!! Long time over due!!! Her singing is out of this world!!!

You came along and changed my life Glenn!!

I'd like to see the R&R HOF someday. I really don't pay any attention to who gets in and who's not in, but that interview when Glenn and Don both spoke about Linda not being in did strike a chord with me. Nice to see her nominated finally.
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.

Border Troubadour

Glad to see her up for such a well-known award (regardless of what you think of RRHOF, I personally dislike the concept) - amazing singer and without doubt one of the best to come out of the whole 60s / 70s country-rock California set up. Of course without her their may never have been the Eagles (as we know them at least) at all!

Also good to see Yes and Deep Purple up for it. The former I think are the greatest prog rock band ever and DP are right up there with the Eagles, The Who and Black Sabbath for me as one of the best ever.

How many get inducted from that shortlist?

I read only 5 will be inducted from that list.

Stuck on the Border Witchy Woman's Avatar

I gotta go with Linda, Kiss, NWA, Deep Purple, and Nirvana. I am dismayed that once again Bon Jovi has been left off the ballot. I guess not kissing Jann Wenner's ass has not worked out well for them.