Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: 2013 RNR Hall of Fame Nominees

Stuck on the Border Tiffanny Twisted's Avatar

Default Re: Linda Ronstadt is nominated to be inducted into Rock and Roll Hall of Fame

Quote Originally Posted by Prettymaid View Post
    Cat Stevens!!!!?????!!!!!! OMG, don't get me started!!!!

Whew! We now return to our regularly scheduled thread.
    Pm another good point and great way of putting it.

Shame on those for not sticking to topic and turning it it to a debate about who should get in or not?......that would be a great nother thread. May be a moderator could step in and seperate it and keep this one bout linda just saying

Default Re: Linda Ronstadt is nominated to be inducted into Rock and Roll Hall of Fame

Quote Originally Posted by Tiffanny Twisted View Post
    Shame on those for not sticking to topic and turning it it to a debate about who should get in or not?......that would be a great nother thread. May be a moderator could step in and seperate it and keep this one bout linda just saying
    Ok.. I'm sorry it got a bit off topic, but seriously "Shame on those"? Seriously? A bit harsh, dontcha think?!

I'll be creating a separate thread for the HOF and its inductees, and I'll leave it at that.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

Default 2013 RNR Hall of Fame Nominees

Moving a discussion about the nominees over here.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

Stuck on the Border Tiffanny Twisted's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WalshFan88 View Post
    Ok.. I'm sorry it got a bit off topic, but seriously "Shame on those"? Seriously? A bit harsh, dontcha think?!

I'll be creating a separate thread for the HOF and its inductees, and I'll leave it at that.
    Thanks austin did not mean for some to take it as being harsh.
    just felt strongly that it was disrespectful to linda and her great honor and achievement

Default Re: 2013 RNR Hall of Fame Nominees

Thanks for starting the thread, WF.

Here's the link.

http://rockhall.com/inductees/
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.

just felt strongly that it was disrespectful to linda and her great honor and achievement
    Well that was certainly not my (and for all I know, anyone's) intentions and as I said I'm sorry. We all get sidetracked.

I've made it known that I felt happy she was nominated and very deserving. So not disrespectful in the least.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger

Stuck on the Border

There was no disrespect intended. I would only say that perhaps the initial post should have gone in Linda's own thread. But I do not moderate this forum, so I am unable to move it. I would also say that once the thread was started, it only seemed natural for the merits or otherwise of the other nominees to come up.

Also, at the moment she is a nominee like everyone else; she has not actually been inducted.

Actually, I think we should just merge the threads using Austin's title. Although the original includes Linda Ronstadt in the title, it really is more about the HOF nominees in general.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Stuck on the Border

Well, replying to Austin's comment that most 80s bands claim to have been influenced by Kiss; I wouldn't know. The fact is they are not the bands I listen to. I had no idea Kiss ever did anything for Rush, my husband's favourite band. There is absolutely no similarity in the music the two bands play.

Some of the other nominees like Link Wray & Paul Butterfield are real critics' favourites. Then there are the Replacements. Has anyone here ever heard one of their songs or could even name one? If so, apologies. But Rolling Stone used to write about bands like this all the time while ignoring Deep Purple, Dire Straits etc. That is what gets them nominated. As well as Dire Straits I am still waiting for the Moody Blues & ELO & other poltically incorrect bands to have their turn.

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower View Post
    Then there are the Replacements. Has anyone here ever heard one of their songs or could even name one? If so, apologies.
    Well, I may be in the minority, but not only can I name you many Replacements songs, and own most of their CD's, I saw them in concert several times in the 80's and right before they broke up. While they may not be everyone's pick to be in the HOF, they certainly had an influence on a certain genre of bands that came after them, including I dare say, the sainted Nirvana. I also hear the 'Mats influence in bands like Green Day and the Gaslight Anthem.

Just because they weren't a huge commercial success like Nirvana doesn't mean that they weren't a great band for their type of music. Because they were. IMHO, of course.

That said, I'd be shocked if they got picked to go in this year, or any year. And I'm pretty sure Paul Westerberg won't be too bothered that they don't.