Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: 2013 RNR Hall of Fame Nominees

Default Re: 2013 RNR Hall of Fame Nominees

Here's the interview at the London Sundance Festival where both Glenn and Don talk about Linda Ronstadt not being in the R&R HOF.

[ame]http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=9b7TJ9qSVmQ[/ame]
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower View Post
    Well, replying to Austin's comment that most 80s bands claim to have been influenced by Kiss; I wouldn't know. The fact is they are not the bands I listen to. I had no idea Kiss ever did anything for Rush, my husband's favourite band. There is absolutely no similarity in the music the two bands play.
    KISS had RUSH open a bunch of shows for them and brought them into America on their tour, and became great friends since. There is a RUSH doc, that talks about how they met and how Gene Simmons thought they were the "Canadian Zeppelin".
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

And once again (I sound like a broken record), I'm completely disappointed in this years nominations. So many well deserving bands still not nominated and it's just gotten embarrassing at this point.
    He sings it high, he plays it low

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

I don't know much about it at all, but I'm glad Linda has been nominated and hope she gets in!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Chicago deserves to be in the RNR Hall of Fame

I didn't realise you could vote for five. I would go with Hall & Oates, the Replacements (although I see they wouldn't really fit in with the crowd but Husker Du are in, aren't they?) and the Zombies? Doesn't anyone else rate the Zombies. Brilliant songs and Colin Blunstone still has the voice of an angel.

And Linda R of course.

But Chic surely have nothing to do with rock and roll ...? Is there a Disco Hall of Fame?

SS
    xx
    http://sshh-sshh.blogspot.co.uk/2013...called-it.html

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by secret squirrel View Post
    I didn't realise you could vote for five. I would go with Hall & Oates, the Replacements (although I see they wouldn't really fit in with the crowd but Husker Du are in, aren't they?) and the Zombies? Doesn't anyone else rate the Zombies. Brilliant songs and Colin Blunstone still has the voice of an angel.

And Linda R of course.

But Chic surely have nothing to do with rock and roll ...? Is there a Disco Hall of Fame?

SS
    xx
    http://sshh-sshh.blogspot.co.uk/2013...called-it.html
    Chic were a very successful black band. If you narrow the definition to just rock & roll there would be no black artists at all. Rock music also includes R&B & soul for the purposes of being inclusive. Husker Du are not in it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...Fame_inductees

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

I really have no problem with bands like Chic being inducted (if they're good enough for Slash to play with, they're good enough for me--look that video up on YouTube-it's awesome) BUT I do have a problem with some of the bands that are overlooked year after year after year that seem to be obvious choices to go in. The list is too long to even mention.
    He sings it high, he plays it low

Maybe it's just me, but good grief it sure does seem like a lot of hostility and all about the one subject that can bridge all gaps... Music! I have conversations all of the time with people like VA and Austin, Willie, Zelda etc, with differing opinions and not once, not EVER do we speak to each other with some of these tones just because we disagree or our tastes differ. I know it's hard to infer 'real' feeling into a typewritten conversation but, heck, give it a try! Some of these comments come across as snide, short and condescending. I don't need to be reminded of freedom of speech, but I think in this day and age too many people use that as an excuse for their own rude behavior. I mean, I picture a lively conversation of opinions, with heartfelt feelings and passionate stories about the pros/cons of who we like or dislike. Not vitriolic debate. Meh...

My mind is Tiffany twisted

Stuck on the Border Tiffanny Twisted's Avatar

Pm I finally got a chance to watch that clip where dh and gf talk about linda and about being in the hall of fame.
    thanks for posting it it was interesting.