Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: If the Eagles were to 'set up residency' somewhere, where?

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

Default If the Eagles were to 'set up residency' somewhere, where?

In an interview a month or so ago, Irving made the comment that the Eagles could do a residency in about 12 cities. I've thought about this off and on.

If they were to do this, they could conceivably start it as part of the HOTE tour, so I won't speculate on whether or not that tour is truly over after Auckland. Since the kind of residency Irving was talking about was more like what Billy Joel is doing in NYC than an act that plays in the same place every weekend, they'd be free to do other shows in other places, live their own lives, do solo projects, etc.

So I wonder what the 12 cities are? NYC, LA, and Vegas are the obvious ones. Since they did three sold-out shows in Dallas, I'm thinking that would be one as well.

There is probably a big difference between where they would consider it and where I would want them to do it. When they did the six shows in LA at the Forum, there were no VIP seats offered. I know there are people who like the idea of face value tickets in the front, but the reality is that at such a show, if you want a good seat, you have to pay through the nose to a reseller, and then they get the money. If I'm going to pay a fortune, I'd rather the band get the $$ than someone looking for a quick profit. If they do LA, I'd hope they'd offer VIP or at least Platinum seating.

NYC has nearly the same problem. Even though they offer VIP, since state law means you get your ticket right away, people are snatching up $650 seats and reselling for thousands. You have to be quick and lucky just to get a seat in row 5 or beyond. I wish folks in NY would write their state representatives and ask what they were thinking to pass that law.

As for Vegas, I've been there and done that. The upside of Vegas is that it's the easiest place to 'get warmed up' for the concert and not have to worry about driving, or finding a shuttle or cab, or walk through rain to get to the arena.

What do others think?
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

Banned

Default Re: If the Eagles were to 'set up residency' somewhere, where?

If the Eagles are to become a tourist attraction, I can only see it being for California.... but what do I know?

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

Well, they've been a 'tourist attraction', as you call it, in Vegas for a good many years now. They were playing there pretty regularly until the HOTE tour, and even for that they did three shows there. Two over President's Day weekend last year and one over Columbus Day weekend. People do certainly travel there from all over the country to see them.
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

I would certainly say Vegas would be one of the cities. That have been doing shows there for several years and always sold out. Easy for all to get to.

I'm just afraid the HOTE tour may be over after Auckland. I think they would have announced more shows by now. I'm so sad I may not see this show again. They should record a DVD. Would be good business for them and a treat for us loyal fans!!!

Vegas. Everyone does residencies there from Motley Crue to Def Leppard to Guns N' Roses.

If they're going to stop touring as we know it, I'd be in favor of residency shows but that sort of thing tends to be limited in location. Vegas and/or LA would be obvious choices.

A rotating residency would be fantastic! Hit strategic cities around the country: New York; Atlanta or Miami; Dallas; Chicago; Des Moines or Omaha or St. Louis; Denver; Vegas; LA, Portland or Seattle as possible suggestions. One show/weekend every 5 weeks or so in a different location - or doing a circuit over two months twice a year- would minimize their travel, leave them plenty of time for family and solo or other endeavors and still keep their momentum going as a band.

There's basically only two more weeks left for the AUS/NZ shows and I have a feeling we won't hear anything about possible further band projects for a while. In fact, I think it may finally be time for the release of Cass County and some solo dates by Don (and Timothy has eluded that he's been working on material for another album). And while there haven't been any rumblings about a HOTE DVD, I refuse to say 'never'. We really don't know if/what they may have filmed since this tour started.

I think after the last Auckland show they'll all just take some downtime to breathe and enjoy the fact they don't have to pack their bags again in the coming weeks...deservedly so. But I refuse to believe just yet that we've seen the last of them!
    I just need a little downtime.........

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by cynd1231 View Post
    I think after the last Auckland show they'll all just take some downtime to breathe and enjoy the fact they don't have to pack their bags again in the coming weeks...deservedly so.
    After a lifetime spent on the road, the guys must have a generous helping of gypsy spirit in them. It sounds like Irving's keen on a residency but I'm not sure the band would be comfortable dropping anchor for a lengthy period.

It's like that film with Lee Marvin singing (???) Wanderin' Star. Can they resist the lure of the open road?

Interesting thread, but I could only see them doing this in California.
    Even though I'm pretty sure that Glenn & Tim both have NYC apt's, not sure about the others, but I'm pretty sure they all have an LA home since that has been home base for them most of their long careers.

Wish they would do a show a month here in NYC, but that's unlikely, but then I would be FLAT BROKE if they did it!

Stuck on the Border MaryCalifornia's Avatar

Actually TK, I would think the chances of a NY residency are as good as for LA. I still think they have something cooking in NY, whether it is with Jim Dolan or a Broadway show or who knows what. They could get Europeans coming just for their show, as well as all of the NY tourists. Maybe a two-year Forum and MSG residency? That would be sweet.

I just realized that this tour as we know it is DONE in 2 weeks, with nothing on the horizon...waiting for some news!

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Theres no 'could' about the Europeans coming. Its a 'would'. Ive done it as you know, along with Desperada, and I have heard of quite a number of people who are happy to travel to NYC to see a particular show or concert. Its becoming a lot more common than it was!
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP