Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: History of the Eagles Tour Setlist

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Default Re: History of the Eagles Tour Setlist

Great idea, MC. I agree with Brooke that hubby may enjoy the show more if he is familiar with the songs. Ya may wanna throw in a history lesson or two in as well before the show.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

I have made an iTunes playlist for the HOTE set list and have burned that to CD for a friend who will be going to the first Dublin show. She says she doesn't know any Eagles songs - her husband is the fan! I'd say she will be surprised when she listens to it!
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

She'll have a very pleasant surprise! What a cool thing to do for her.

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Very nice of you Ga!

When I went to see Jackson Browne I did that for our friends that went with us and we listened to it on the way to the show!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Thanks. She was delighted with it!
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Quote Originally Posted by Ive always been a dreamer View Post
    We posted a setlist for the Long Road Out of Eden tour and it was quite helpful, so I thought I'd post the info for the HOTE tour as well. This is the setlist for all shows starting with the Louisville show on 7/6/13. If there are any changes, I will update this post.

Set 1

1.) Saturday Night
    2.) Train Leaves Here This Morning
    3.) Peaceful Easy Feeling
    4.) Witchy Woman
    5.) Doolin-Dalton
    6.) Tequila Sunrise
    7.) Doolin-Dalton/Desperado Reprise
    8.) Already Gone
    9.) Best of My Love
    10.) Lyin' Eyes
    11.) One of These Nights
    12.) Take It to the Limit

[Intermission]

Set 2

13.) Wasted Time Reprise
    14.) Pretty Maids All In a Row
    15.) I Can't Tell You Why
    16.) New Kid In Town
    17.) Love Will Keep Us Alive
    18.) Heartache Tonight
    19.) Those Shoes
    20.) In the City

[Band Intros]

21.) Life's Been Good
    22.)The Long Run
    23.) Funk #49
    24.) Life In the Fast Lane

1st encore

25.) Hotel California

2nd encore

26.) Take It Easy
    27.) Rocky Mountain Way
    28.) Desperado
    I had an a-ha moment when No More Walks in the Woods came up on my music player. Wouldn't it work into the second set of the show and give us not only the SBR harmony effect but a selection from LROOE as well, which they don't represent in the show? It's a short song so it wouldn't throw the timing of the show off completely I would think. They could use it to lead off the second half of the show since they lose the continuity in timeline then.

Stuck on the Border

It would be out of chronological order.

It might be nice as an encore; it's great as a vocal showcase, although the melody meanders a bit (IMHO).

However, I'd much rather have "Seven Bridges Road" to show those off like they did at the LA Forum that one night. "Seven Bridges Road" into "How Long" was perfect as it also injected the woefully neglected LROOE quickly and efficiently. Wouldn't it be great if they decided to make that encore a regular part of their set?

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Border Troubadour

I have to be honest, as much as I love The James Gang and Joe Walsh's solo stuff, I wish they would either replace or complement them with genuine Eagles hits, perhaps more stuff from On the Border etc. It doesn't seem right to me that Henley and Frey's solo works get cut but songs Walsh did elsewhere / as a solo artist remain. Also wish they would make Take It Easy the last song, Desperado is such a depressing note to go out on, and if I'm honest I think Don H. makes it more dramatic than needs to be. Would fit right in earlier on, they could go from Desperado straight into the Doolin-Dalton/Desperado Reprise, which I think works really well.

Quote Originally Posted by thelastresort View Post
    I have to be honest, as much as I love The James Gang and Joe Walsh's solo stuff, I wish they would either replace or complement them with genuine Eagles hits, perhaps more stuff from On the Border etc. It doesn't seem right to me that Henley and Frey's solo works get cut but songs Walsh did elsewhere / as a solo artist remain. Also wish they would make Take It Easy the last song, Desperado is such a depressing note to go out on, and if I'm honest I think Don H. makes it more dramatic than needs to be. Would fit right in earlier on, they could go from Desperado straight into the Doolin-Dalton/Desperado Reprise, which I think works really well.
    For me I prefer Life's Been Good as an Eagles song. It sounds like an Eagles theme song that describes them. So much so that I never listen to the But Seriously Folks version anymore, it's always the Eagles Live version. It's just way better. As far as #49 or RMW, I'm not as picky about those but I can tell you that Joe makes the show and is the hit of the show every time. He steals the show about halfway through and all eyes are on Joe. Songs like LBG allow the band to relax and let Joe become in the driver's seat. He makes the show fun for me. That said I'm fine with whatever for Funk #49 or RMW but if I went to an Eagles concert and didn't hear Life's Been Good, I'd be pretty PO'd. The harmonies and twin solos on the Eagles versions make that song, which was Joe's best IMO to begin with.