Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: History of the Eagles Tour Setlist

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

Default Re: History of the Eagles Tour Setlist

Well, TLR, we've discussed this in several threads and there are many here who agree with you. My take on it, and it's my opinion based on very little fact, but I feel those songs were part of the reason Glenn selected Joe to replace Bernie. To get Joe as a guitar player, definitely, but I think he wanted those songs in the setlist. He got on stage with them and played them with them before he joined, so Glenn and the others had a good feel for how they were received. Lastly, the Eagles have been playing them on stage since 1975. They probably don't look at them as solo songs anymore.

I've been to 8 concerts on this tour and am going to 2 more (even more if they ever play the many places here in the US that they missed), and I can say that if these songs weren't in the setlist, the number would 5 or less.
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Well VA - I absolutely agree with you. The only thing I'd change of Joe's songs is that I prefer Walk Away over Funk #49.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

Me too. I prefer Walk Away over Funk 49 but the way Glenn and Joe do the dueling guitars before 49 is good entertainment.
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

As has been stated, they've been doing some of Joe's solo songs since he joined the band. Additionally, if he didn't do them, he'd have very little to work with. Remember that he only sings lead on five Eagles songs, and of those only two are recognized by the casual fan.

That said, I wouldn't mind switching one of his solo/James Gang songs out for an Eagles song. They could always bring back "Guilty of the Crime", which would maintain his number of leads and incorporate LROOE. Another option would be "All Night Long" which I think counts as an Eagles song since it appears on the 1980 Eagles Live album.

Fat chance, though!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Border Troubadour

Just having a look back through this thread and the other post-1994 setlists; and it's made me realise just how neglected On the Border is. There are some absolutely cracking songs on the album (I'd say it's the Eagles' most underrated work), yet there only ever seems to be one or two songs from it in a 25+ song show. I'd love for them to do something like Good Day in Hell or Ol' 55 (or perhaps even Midnight Flyer, but I don't think TBS's voice would fit it, plus he'd probably be too respectful of Randy to cover it). Oh well, I can keep on dreaming I guess...

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Quote Originally Posted by thelastresort View Post
    Just having a look back through this thread and the other post-1994 setlists; and it's made me realise just how neglected On the Border is. There are some absolutely cracking songs on the album (I'd say it's the Eagles' most underrated work), yet there only ever seems to be one or two songs from it in a 25+ song show. I'd love for them to do something like Good Day in Hell or Ol' 55 (or perhaps even Midnight Flyer, but I don't think TBS's voice would fit it, plus he'd probably be too respectful of Randy to cover it). Oh well, I can keep on dreaming I guess...
    I agree with you about On the Border being one of the band's most underrated albums. IIRC, there was one point during the LROOE tour where there was nothing from OTB in the setlist.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Quote Originally Posted by Ive always been a dreamer View Post
    This is the setlist for all shows starting with the Louisville show on 7/6/13. If there are any changes, I will update this post.

Set 1

1.) Saturday Night
    2.) Train Leaves Here This Morning
    3.) Peaceful Easy Feeling
    4.) Witchy Woman
    5.) Doolin-Dalton
    6.) Tequila Sunrise
    7.) Doolin-Dalton/Desperado Reprise
    8.) Already Gone
    9.) Best of My Love
    10.) Lyin' Eyes
    11.) One of These Nights
    12.) Take It to the Limit

[Intermission]

Set 2

13.) Wasted Time Reprise
    14.) Pretty Maids All In a Row
    15.) I Can't Tell You Why
    16.) New Kid In Town
    17.) Love Will Keep Us Alive
    18.) Heartache Tonight
    19.) Those Shoes
    20.) In the City

[Band Intros]

21.) Life's Been Good
    22.)The Long Run
    23.) Funk #49
    24.) Life In the Fast Lane

1st encore

25.) Hotel California

2nd encore

26.) Take It Easy
    27.) Rocky Mountain Way
    28.) Desperado

Since most have now seen the show I was just wondering if one song could be cut in order to have a song from LROOE, what would you choose? I'm assuming the above set list is the current one.

I would cut Pretty Maids and add How Long. The order wouldn't bother me, but I guess they could fix that if need be. I just feel that at least one song from that album should be performed in order to preserve 'history'!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Stuck on the Border MaryCalifornia's Avatar

Brooke, I agree with adding How Long, and I would cut In the City. [no offense intended, it's a fine song and I love the oooh oooh oooh oooohs, but I was surprised by how much I enjoyed Prettymaids ...] Obviously I would love one more TBS lead, but it wouldn't be either of the songs from LROOE, it would be Keep on Tryin. (and that's not gonna happen on this tour).

Border Troubadour

Brooke, some things just aren't OK in life. Cutting PMAIAR is one of them!

I'd go for ICTWY (sorry TBS fans!) or Those Shoes. Also wish they'd have something extra from On the Border: GDIH or James Dean would be perfect.

Border Troubadour

Quote Originally Posted by MaryCalifornia View Post
    I would love one more TBS lead, but it wouldn't be either of the songs from LROOE
    Which were his two LROOE leads? Been a long time since I've given it a listen!