Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: History of the Eagles Tour Setlist

Stuck on the Border MaryCalifornia's Avatar

Default Re: History of the Eagles Tour Setlist

Do Something and I Don't Want to Hear Anymore

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Quote Originally Posted by thelastresort View Post
    Brooke, some things just aren't OK in life. Cutting PMAIAR is one of them!

I'd go for ICTWY (sorry TBS fans!) or Those Shoes. Also wish they'd have something extra from On the Border: GDIH or James Dean would be perfect.
    I love PMAIAR too, but I had to pick something and that was my first choice. I would really prefer that they just add one and not cut anything!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Border Desperado

I would like to see them do two songs from LROOE- They could cut "In the city" and then add something as well. - One can always hope I guess.

Stuck on the Border

The song I would cut woudl be The Long Run. I don't like it very much. Sorry to those who do. If I had to add ONE LROOE song it would be the title track, but as I know not many agree with me about it, How Long or No More Cloudy Days or Somebody. I make no apologies for those choices.

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

I would vote off Those Shoes. I've never really cared for that song (even if I do like shoes, even those kind of shoes). I wouldn't want any of Joe's songs cut, and certainly none of the others, either. So...adding one without cutting anything is probably the way to go. It's not like How Long is the epic ten minutes of the title track...it's a measly 3 minutes!
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

Border Troubadour

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower View Post
    The song I would cut woudl be The Long Run. I don't like it very much. Sorry to those who do. If I had to add ONE LROOE song it would be the title track, but as I know not many agree with me about it, How Long or No More Cloudy Days or Somebody. I make no apologies for those choices.
    Agree with three of those nominations, but replace NMCD with ILTWAWD or WITW and that'd suit me down to the ground. The one thing I dislike about the chronology is that it means you aren't really too flexible with positions of tracks - LROOE would make a great second set opener, but it wouldn't fit in later amongst the harder rocking songs like Joe's solo work or LITFL etc.

Noooooo! I love Those Shoes. In fact it was the highlight of the St. Louis concert I went to! Love the music and the lyrics....

I'd much rather see something else go like RMW or PMAIAR or ITC or something... Those Shoes is one of the best tracks from The Long Run IMO, I'd put it above anything other than the title track, Heartache Tonight, and I Can't Tell You Why. I even like it more than In The City.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by thelastresort View Post
    Agree with three of those nominations, but replace NMCD with ILTWAWD or WITW and that'd suit me down to the ground. The one thing I dislike about the chronology is that it means you aren't really too flexible with positions of tracks - LROOE would make a great second set opener, but it wouldn't fit in later amongst the harder rocking songs like Joe's solo work or LITFL etc.
    ILTWAWD?

The band have never played it & Glenn only played it a couple of times. In my wildest dreams one day it will be played again. However in terms of popularity, a lot of people don't like it. I do not share this opinion; however we unfortunately have to be realistic.

Stuck on the Border MaryCalifornia's Avatar

Agree with WF that Those Shoes was sort of epic. I think the lighting had a lot to do with it.

Border Troubadour

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower View Post
    ILTWAWD?

The band have never played it & Glenn only played it a couple of times. In my wildest dreams one day it will be played again. However in terms of popularity, a lot of people don't like it. I do not share this opinion; however we unfortunately have to be realistic.
    I know, there's zero chance of it happening but I would love to see it. My favourites which are reasonable calls would be How Long and Somebody.