Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Thread: History of the Eagles Tour Setlist

Border Troubadour

Default Re: History of the Eagles Tour Setlist

Seems to fit in here better than anywhere else: does anyone know why Glenn referred to Saturday Night as 'Whatever Happened to Saturday Night?' when he introduced it? Entirely trivial of course but maybe that's his preferred name for it or something?

Quote Originally Posted by thelastresort View Post
    Seems to fit in here better than anywhere else: does anyone know why Glenn referred to Saturday Night as 'Whatever Happened to Saturday Night?' when he introduced it? Entirely trivial of course but maybe that's his preferred name for it or something?
    Tlr, I don't know the reason, but I remember hearing him call it "Whatever Happened To Saturday Night" once before. I thought it might have been on Eagles Live but I listened to it and it's not. It must be on a bootleg from the seventies. Does anyone remember?

There's probably no real reason for it. I have heard him call "New Kid In Town", "There's A New Kid In Town".

The longer version was probably the original working title, and they (or the record company) shortened the title for release. Glenn apparently prefers the original! I think there are other instances of this besides Saturday Night and New Kid in Town, but they're not coming to me.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Stuck on the Border

The Same Girl instead of Same Girl.

Stuck on the Border Houston Baby's Avatar

A co-worker overheard me last week talking @ the EAGLES concert. Come to find out, his son works security at some of the concerts in Houston so he brought me a copy of the EAGLES’ set list from the February show here. The setlist had notes on it that his son took during the preconcert meeting. Beside Already Gone and Best of My Love was written “may stand”. After Take It to the Limit was “intermission”. Besides Pretty Maids, I Can’t Tell You Why, New Kid in Town and Love will Keep Us Alive was written “first 4 rows keep seated” and beside Hotel California was “check for cameras”. These were the instructions that security was given.

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

HB, this is very interesting!

Once a concert is over, I post my thoughts and impressions in a log on my computer. Of course I post a review here. All I remember of the Raleigh concert is what I wrote that night, due to the fever I was running. In my notes I wrote that the security guy next to me (I was front row on the aisle) told me they were instructed that everyone could stand during the 7th song and after that. I think it was after Tequila Sunrise he told me he'd lost count, and asked what the 7th song was. I told him AG and then he went and said something to the next guard and he said something to someone else. The guy was nervous about getting it right.
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

Very interesting to me!

Of course I've talked about this before at length, but it all seems so trivial and controlling to me....I mean it isn't just vague instructions on behavior, it's thought out down to how many rows can do what when and on certain songs check for cameras (but they aren't so stern about other songs?!). Checking for cameras during HC makes sense because that's the song they LOVE to pull first from YouTube....granted, it's their biggest song of the night but I don't know why HC would be any different as far as not liking to be filmed. I figured it would be pertinent to all of them. I just don't understand the don't do this, do that during said time, don't step here, walk on your tiptoes through here, etc. Of course I'm dramatizing it but it comes across like it's almost a joke in literal sense, as if they are pulling a joke on people.

Next they will be telling us what we can't eat 12 hours before the concert for fear of our stomachs gurgling too loudly during a ballad.

Stuck on the Border Houston Baby's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WalshFan88 View Post
    Next they will be telling us what we can't eat 12 hours before the concert for fear of our stomachs gurgling too loudly during a ballad.

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

HB, very interesting!

And I have to agree....lighten up while you still can, guys!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by WalshFan88 View Post
    Very interesting to me!

Of course I've talked about this before at length, but it all seems so trivial and controlling to me....I mean it isn't just vague instructions on behavior, it's thought out down to how many rows can do what when and on certain songs check for cameras (but they aren't so stern about other songs?!). Checking for cameras during HC makes sense because that's the song they LOVE to pull first from YouTube....granted, it's their biggest song of the night but I don't know why HC would be any different as far as not liking to be filmed. I figured it would be pertinent to all of them. I just don't understand the don't do this, do that during said time, don't step here, walk on your tiptoes through here, etc. Of course I'm dramatizing it but it comes across like it's almost a joke in literal sense, as if they are pulling a joke on people.

No Austin, they will just have them perform in a sound proof glass box!
    We can hear them but they can't hear us and of course no pictures because of the glass glare.......Maybe I should write to Irving about this. hmmmm.. Haha.