Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Eagles at the LA Forum, Los Angeles, CA - January 15, 2014

Border Desperado

Default Re: Eagles at LA Forum January 15, 2014

Let me get this straight....so if you are selected to get tix on Friday, you can only get tickets for the Jan 15th show? Or can you choose which of the 3 days you'd like? I can only go on the 18th....say it ain't so. Something tells me good seats are going to be so hard to get. Just looked at a broker site and rows 1-9 on the floor are $6,383.00!!!! WTF

Oh, never mind.

The link was posted in the L.A. Times it turns out. Dumb me.

Carol-Lynn

Quote Originally Posted by Woodstock View Post
    Let me get this straight....so if you are selected to get tix on Friday, you can only get tickets for the Jan 15th show? Or can you choose which of the 3 days you'd like? I can only go on the 18th....say it ain't so. Something tells me good seats are going to be so hard to get. Just looked at a broker site and rows 1-9 on the floor are $6,383.00!!!! WTF
    The confirmation of registration page says January 15th when you submit your request. But things could change. I sent them an email asking about pricing, etc.

It says some of the "best tickets" so we will see.

Good Luck to Every Border-Babe!

Carol-Lynn

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

They sent emails to those on their mailing list and dropped it to NewsFeeds of those who 'like' them on Facebook. I'm sure it's on their website, but I haven't looked.
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

Stuck on the Border Houston Baby's Avatar

Yes - it is on the Eagles website.

Quote Originally Posted by VAisForEagleLovers View Post
    MC it's not illegal but I wonder how they will keep people from using the invitation more than once or sharing with others and using it themselves. Ticketmaster can barely handle regular ticket sales. It can't handle unique codes for individuals. It will be interesting to see how it works.
    You had to enter your name and birthdate when registering. I imagine that if you win the opportunity to buy, you will have to show your ID and the credit card you used to purchase the ticket at will call, and the tickets would be non-transferable (You can only buy two). It's very similar to VIP ticketing. TM actually does "paperless ticketing" more and more nowadays to try and cut down on scalping.

Of course, the scalpers still have their ways as has unfortunately already been demonstrated, but at least these particular tickets will most likely reach their intended market of the fans. This is especially true since it is limited to the least desirable date: Wednesday as opposed to the weekend. Scalpers would be less interested, as would all the industry people, celebrities, family and friends getting comps.

It doesn't look like there will be VIP tickets this time; although VIP Nation did not respond to my query about it on Twitter, there is no listing on their site and they typically sell a week before the general sale, which is in just a few days.

I predict getting good tickets at a reasonable price for any of these shows - but especially the Saturday one I want to attend - will be next to impossible.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Stuck on the Border MaryCalifornia's Avatar

Agreed. If I do turn out to be one of the "chosen ones" for Wed. night, I think I better take those tickets and thank my lucky stars - Wed. is much easier for me than for the out of town folks - I just wanted to be with Sooooddddaa on Saturday!!!!

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

I'm undecided on whether or not I want to go to LA at all, and the Wednesday show is inconvenient for me (or so says my boss). I entered the thing, though, because a good seat at a regular price would make it worth it. Otherwise, I'll just have to have quick fingers for the weekend show(s), if I decide to go at all.
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

Stuck on the Border Henley Honey's Avatar

I'm not undecided -- I'm going. If I'm lucky enough to get "fan" tickets for Wednesday, great. If not, I'll have to shoot for Friday and Saturday.
    Fingers crossed for everyone!

Quote Originally Posted by Henley Honey View Post
    I'm not undecided -- I'm going. If I'm lucky enough to get "fan" tickets for Wednesday, great. If not, I'll have to shoot for Friday and Saturday.
    Fingers crossed for everyone!
    Me either. I'm going to all 3! May even spring for a front row VIP tix even though I swore I'd never do it again. Don't mind eating crow to see TimmyB up close and personal. That is unless they add more shows like they did when they played the Nokia back in 2007. If that happens I'll have to settle for the best of what I can get just so I can go to every show!

Wish they didn't make us wait until Friday morning to see who wins the lottery though.

Carol-Lynn