Page 6 of 21 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Thread: Eagles at the LA Forum, Los Angeles, CA - January 15, 2014

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Default Re: Eagles at LA Forum January 15, 2014

Congrats to everyone going! Well done!

I got the email, but no way I could go.
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by carol7lynn View Post
    Don't think you will. The fan invitation ticketing was for Wednesday's show only. Could be wrong though.

I'm still in shock I got 2nd row center. Only other artist that does this is Jackson Browne. I'm hoping he will be their opening act-please no Dixie Chicks this time. As far as I can tell scalpers did no better and they want $2,200 plus for the same row. Wonder how they'll work the sale of those tickets when they are paper-less. I guess you have to meet the scalper at the box office. They will find a way I'm sure. Capitalism.

Don't expect much from Sunday's AMEX pre-sale but will try for Saturday at least just to see. Live Nation ipre-sale next Friday will be a bust so don't bother.

Carol-Lynn
    Carol-Lynn, I wouldn't be surprised if the seats you are seeing on StubHub (or wherever) are actually from Ticketmaster. They put them out there to see if they can sell them for the super-inflated price before offering them during a presale or regular sale. Official Platinums from Ticketmaster are almost always on StubHub at an (even more) inflated price, so I know they do utilize the scalper sites. I don't know they are from Ticketmaster, but I wouldn't be surprised if we found they were.
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

I'm so excited for those who were able to get tickets! Good luck Sunday, Woodstock!

Quote Originally Posted by VAisForEagleLovers View Post
    Carol-Lynn, I wouldn't be surprised if the seats you are seeing on StubHub (or wherever) are actually from Ticketmaster. They put them out there to see if they can sell them for the super-inflated price before offering them during a presale or regular sale. Official Platinums from Ticketmaster are almost always on StubHub at an (even more) inflated price, so I know they do utilize the scalper sites. I don't know they are from Ticketmaster, but I wouldn't be surprised if we found they were.

There was an article a couple of weeks ago in the LA Times that stated TM would be offering re-sale tickets via interactive seating charts for you to chose from but didn't read anything about selling them through brokers. Wouldn't be surprised. Capitalism.

I am still shocked and awed we didn't have to at least pay a fan club fee for the tickets they offered us yesterday. About time though I must say.

Carol-Lynn

This was for the fans. These are typically top dollar VIP or broker seats and we got them for less than face. AWESOME.

I wonder what they do with the invites sent to people who are not actually going? I imagine only a limited number of invites were sent out. Perhaps those will go back into the Ticketmaster pool.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Got mine around 12:30 PM today. I feel like the person who gets invited to the wedding in the second round of invites

I can't go, sadly, but of course, I still looked for tickets!

Got my email a little while ago, put in the code...far back floor section! Yeah right. Tried one seat and that was no better. Good thing I have friends who got an invite sooner than I did! Now, if they'd just put up the link for VIP for the Friday and Saturday shows I'd feel better.
    VK

Stuck on the Border Henley Honey's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by VAisForEagleLovers View Post
    Got my email a little while ago, put in the code...far back floor section! Yeah right. Tried one seat and that was no better. Good thing I have friends who got an invite sooner than I did! Now, if they'd just put up the link for VIP for the Friday and Saturday shows I'd feel better.

Friends?? What friends??

Border Desperado

Finally got my invite at 9:26 a.m. this morning. WTF....only over 19 hours late!! Of course I checked to see what seats were available - Section J Row 19....yahoo!! What happended? I'm just a tad bit pissed about this whole thing now. I'd really like to know why some people got the invites in time and others did not. Feel like sending an email and chewing someones ass....I think I will.

Quote Originally Posted by Woodstock View Post
    Finally got my invite at 9:26 a.m. this morning. WTF....only over 19 hours late!! Of course I checked to see what seats were available - Section J Row 19....yahoo!! What happended? I'm just a tad bit pissed about this whole thing now. I'd really like to know why some people got the invites in time and others did not. Feel like sending an email and chewing someones ass....I think I will.
    My guess is, I don't know, that they randomly staggered the invitations so as to spread it out. From reading this thread, it seems a lot of fans requested the code for the tickets then didn't use it, so after a period of time, they'd send another batch of emails. Perhaps they just kept randomly sending emails until all the floor seats were taken.
    VK