Page 7 of 21 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Thread: Eagles at the LA Forum, Los Angeles, CA - January 15, 2014

Default Re: Eagles at LA Forum January 15, 2014

Quote Originally Posted by VAisforEagleLovers
    From reading this thread, it seems a lot of fans requested the code for the tickets then didn't use it, so after a period of time, they'd send another batch of emails. Perhaps they just kept randomly sending emails until all the floor seats were taken.
    I agree VA. I think they sent out a certain number of invites according to how many seats were allotted for this presale, then waited to see how many were actually claimed. Obviously many people entered who couldn't go or decided not to buy for whatever reason, and those tickets laid unclaimed. Thus, the contest runners sent out another round of invites, then another, and will continue to do so until all the seats are gone or time runs out.

What's the alternative? Better to send out later rounds of invites than to just toss all those unclaimed tickets back into the pool so that they are snatched out of the hands of the fans who entered that actually planned on going.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Border Desperado

Just sent off my ass chewing email so I feel a little better. Let's see what kind of reply I get....if any. Gonna go lay down and take a little nap right now to rest up for the Keith Urban concert tonight!! Got row 15 from the stage for only $59.

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Woodstock View Post
    Just sent off my ass chewing email so I feel a little better. Let's see what kind of reply I get....if any. Gonna go lay down and take a little nap right now to rest up for the Keith Urban concert tonight!! Got row 15 from the stage for only $59.
    Well, WS, to each his/her own. The original email stated quite plainly that entering was no guarantee of anything. This is a great opportunity (albeit random) for fans to get good seats below face value. I sincerely hope they don't take some of the unjust negativity and decide not to do this again. They didn't have to do it at all.
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

Stuck on the Border Henley Honey's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Woodstock View Post
    Finally got my invite at 9:26 a.m. this morning. WTF....only over 19 hours late!! Of course I checked to see what seats were available - Section J Row 19....yahoo!! What happended? I'm just a tad bit pissed about this whole thing now. I'd really like to know why some people got the invites in time and others did not. Feel like sending an email and chewing someones ass....I think I will.

I can't be sure, WS, but I think it has to do with if and when you originally registered with eaglesband.com

I don't mean when you registered after receiving the first e-mail announcing the fan sale, but when you originally registered with the band's website. I registered almost immediately (years ago) and I got my "invitation" 18 minutes into the sale.

I'm sorry you're disappointed, but for me, I couldn't be more thankful that the band broke from tradition and gave us "hardcores" a shot at the tickets we normally have to pay through the nose for.

Well, the email said it was random; I see no reason to doubt that. If there were any such factors for preferential treatment, I imagine they would have said so and used it for a marketing tool (ie "register with our site now to get a better chance"). Far more likely, in this day and age, that the selection process was completely automated. Luck of the draw - simple as that.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Stuck on the Border Tiffanny Twisted's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by VAisForEagleLovers View Post
    Got my email a little while ago, put in the code...far back floor section! Yeah right. Tried one seat and that was no better. Good thing I have friends who got an invite sooner than I did! Now, if they'd just put up the link for VIP for the Friday and Saturday shows I'd feel better.

Stuck on the Border Tiffanny Twisted's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by VAisForEagleLovers View Post
    Well, WS, to each his/her own. The original email stated quite plainly that entering was no guarantee of anything. This is a great opportunity (albeit random) for fans to get good seats below face value. I sincerely hope they don't take some of the unjust negativity and decide not to do this again. They didn't have to do it at all.
    i AGREE with va .
    hope they do it again for ral fans.
    I missed the whole thing with my son home but not in a positio to fly that far for health rasons .I hope they do it again anywan and decide not to do it if people complained
    d

I'm thinking maybe zip code and/or how many seats you bought may have been the critical variables.

A poster on another web-site also reported getting second row (but she didn't say which section I must admit that) yesterday and she also lives in SoCal about 20 miles from me. It could be the number of tixs or our zipcode or both.

Carol-Lynn

Stuck on the Border Henley Honey's Avatar

I obviously have no inside knowledge, but I do know that I got the first "heads up for the invitation" email almost exactly 24 hours before VA got hers. And, true to that formula, she got her follow-up invitation (with the access code) almost 24 hour after I got mine. If that seems random, then there you go. I'm sticking with my original theory, that it went in "random" order of when you signed up for the website -- not when you registered or RSVP'd to the invitation. I guess we'll never know -- I'm just grateful for the chance!!

Quote Originally Posted by NYC Fan View Post
    Got mine around 12:30 PM today. I feel like the person who gets invited to the wedding in the second round of invites
    Me too. Got mine about noon and nothing but bad seats available. It does make you feel like a second class citizen. Sounds like they sent invites to everyone that signed up but those of us that weren't picked on Friday got the leftovers. Personally, I think while their intentions were probably good, they should have kept the "exclusivity" illusion and just not sent out the later ones.

Oh well, the likelihood I will get to go now is pretty slim but if I could have gotten a decent ticket during this fan sale I would have found a way to make it happen.

Still glad so many people did so well though!
    Last edited by Wildthyme; 09-22-2013 at 12:01 AM.