Quote Originally Posted by chaim View Post
Wow. I didn't know that The Last Resort evolved from a "story" Don told Glenn and the other Don.
I notice that sometimes (just sometimes) Don tends to say "we" when Don H and Glenn have done something. ("...because once we came up with the concept of Hotel California based on the music that I had written, all the other stories started falling out of that".) But, then again, everyone does that. Nick Mason was criticized by other Floyd guys for all the "we"s in his book about Pink Floyd.
Don, Glen and I had stayed up for about a day and a half talking in this hotel room

Despite how much they hated each other. Uh huh. So now Don Felder is also responsible for the concept of that most Henleyesque of songs, The Last Resort.He basically says that there woud have been no album at all without the concept of Hotel California based on the music that I had written.

Modesty is not this man's strong point. Neither is the idea that other people he has worked with also contributed to the success. I have never read so much 'me, me, me' from any other musician.