Quote Originally Posted by UndertheWire View Post
I'd guess that Don hasn't read his book recently and so has forgotten some of the things he's written. Looking at the quotes that Soda's pulled out, it doesn't seem so bad but what was a problem for me was the lack of context and balance. I'm inclined to believe him that Glenn could be unpleasant to work with (there's enough hints from other sources) but he doesn't do too well at explaining why people put up with it. That would require writing something positive.
You have a good point, UTW, the context of why people put up with it is missing. I have no doubts that Glenn is likely to be moody. I have no idea as I've never met him, let alone spent time around him. Yet it seems to me that the kind of person capable of writing great songs, the kind that knows human emotions, vulnerabilities, strengths, everything it takes to understand people well enough to write songs that touch the hearts of so very many, that person would be the type to feel it all as well. I'm not sure I'm explaining this well, but I'd think that such a person would feel the highest of highs and the lowest of lows. When compared to a person like me, who tends to think in terms of black and white, true and false, on and off, and everything needs to be logical, I can see where such a person would be termed 'moody'. Anyway, Felder did a really good job of writing in depth about the 'lowest of lows'. The context of the rest of it is missing. We all know there was and is a lot more to Glenn what Felder documented. Either Felder can't see it, or he chose the path that would sell more books.

As for his recent comments, what scares me is the possibility that he doesn't see the things he said as painting someone in a poor light, and not that he's forgotten what he said. I've said it before, but his discussion in his book about some of Joe's personal hygiene habits (or lack of), well, fans didn't need to know that. Not at all. If I were Joe, I'd certainly never speak to Felder ever again, and if I were forced to, I'd tell him off before punching him. I'm not sure how Felder can sit in front of an interviewer and blame Glenn and Don as the reasons Joe won't have anything to do with him. I would quote the parts I mean, but the thought of going back through that book and rereading parts of it makes me nauseous.