Page 89 of 92 FirstFirst ... 39798586878889909192 LastLast

Thread: Don Felder in the Press/Blogs/etc.

Stuck on the Border

Default Re: Don Felder in the Press/Blogs/etc.

I'm not fluent in German but I think "hat ... gedatet" should translate to "dated" which is much less entertaining than "donated".

As for flying vs diving, I vote for both. Two sentences, one for diving and then one for flying. The word translated as "ticket" is Flugshein which certainly implies flight.

This is quite late but thank you for your input about those German words, UtW.

This interview was published earlier this year prior to Don’s February show in Pennsylvania. Some of the interesting (at least to me) highlights are that his latest album was called the “biggest guitar album of the year” by Guitar Player magazine and that he almost retired when he was 52.

This quote stood out - which songs would those be?
    Some of the Eagles songs we do from the early ’70s sound better than when the original band plays them.”
    Also some advice from Bernie:

“Bernie Leadon said if you want to write with Don Henley and Glenn, don’t write melodies, don’t write the harmonies; just write a musical bed and leave room for them to write a song on top of it. I had a demo, and I gave the cassette to Henley and Glenn, and they liked the tracks that became ‘Victim of Love’ and “Mexican Reggae,” which is what “Hotel California” started out as,” Felder said. “I should go back and listen to the rest of that cassette and see what else is on it.”
    “Former Eagle Don Felder looks to light up Jergel’s” by Scott Tady, Elwood City Ledger, Jan. 19, 2020.

Right or wrong, what’s done is done
    It’s only moments that you borrow...

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by Delilah View Post
    This is quite late but thank you for your input about those German words, UtW.

This interview was published earlier this year prior to Don’s February show in Pennsylvania. Some of the interesting (at least to me) highlights are that his latest album was called the “biggest guitar album of the year” by Guitar Player magazine and that he almost retired when he was 52.

This quote stood out - which songs would those be?

Also some advice from Bernie:

“Former Eagle Don Felder looks to light up Jergel’s” by Scott Tady, Elwood City Ledger, Jan. 19, 2020.
    My guess is that Don didn't have specific songs in mind. Kind of him to say "original" band even though there's only guy who was involved in recording them. Of course, when it comes to EARLY 70's it's one person more than in Felder's band. But I have no doubt that Felder's versions are strong.

Quote Originally Posted by chaim View Post
    My guess is that Don didn't have specific songs in mind. Kind of him to say "original" band even though there's only guy who was involved in recording them. Of course, when it comes to EARLY 70's it's one person more than in Felder's band. But I have no doubt that Felder's versions are strong.
    Well said, chaim.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

Quote Originally Posted by chaim View Post
    Ok, I was thinking he was referring to the early line-up(s) playing the songs but now that you put it that way it does seem he means the current line-up (since he uses the present term “plays”).

Right or wrong, what’s done is done
    It’s only moments that you borrow...

So apparently Mr. Felder was part of a charity livestream for Feeding America/RocktheRelief this past week. Did anyone catch it? Some videos are posted of other musicians, and there is a promo with Don in it but not a performance. I just found out now. Too bad...would’ve been neat to see. http://abcnewsradioonline.com/music-...ting-in-r.html

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Thanks for the heads up, KW.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Out on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by KingWalsh View Post
    So apparently Mr. Felder was part of a charity livestream for Feeding America/RocktheRelief this past week. Did anyone catch it? Some videos are posted of other musicians, and there is a promo with Don in it but not a performance. I just found out now. Too bad...would’ve been neat to see. http://abcnewsradioonline.com/music-...ting-in-r.html
    I watched it. Don played the HFO acoustic intro to HC in Bm and then modulated down to Gm for a more straight-ahead arrangement. The solos on the end were more similar to the album version. Sadly, it was not live; he was lip-syncing again, and some of the guitar licks that were heard did not match up with what he appeared to be playing.

Wow,what a bummer. I don't know why Felder chooses to go about things this way. He has so much talent! Are you sure that the video and sound aren't "off" where it appears like the artist isn't playing what you hear? Cuz that's even more cringy if now he is "guitar syncing" why even do anything?

do you know where i can find footage of this ?