Page 31 of 92 FirstFirst ... 212728293031323334354181 ... LastLast

Thread: Don Felder in the Press/Blogs/etc.

Border Desperado SilverAcidRayne's Avatar

Default Re: Don Felder in the Press/Blogs/etc.

Quote Originally Posted by WalshFan88 View Post
    You know the last thing I want to seem is hypocritical, as I've defended DF a lot over the years but I'm starting to see a side of him I do not like...and I will leave it at that.
    YES. that right there. I think it's just plain effin childish of him. I mean I understand he was there from the beginning. but I really feel he is creating a media circus around this unfortunate event. he was not invited. we are sorry. but he shouldn't make it about him. those men are suffering as it is he shouldn't make it even worse. if that makes any sense.

Stuck on the Border AlreadyGone95's Avatar
    the middle of farm country (southwest Georgia)

I would almost say that Don Felder is narcissistic.
    -Kim-

People don't run out of dreams, People just run out of time

that too... he may be hurting too but I think that isn't the way to handle it.

Quote Originally Posted by AlreadyGone95 View Post
    I would almost say that Don Felder is narcissistic.
    I think he really shows that side of himself that got him fired, more and more all the time... I really don't want to believe it because frankly I admire the guy as a musician and as a hero to me. But he isn't doing himself any favors with the stuff he posts. But I don't think he cares, sadly. If anything, he's proving Glenn's point about him in the doc. And it really pains me to see that because I don't want to believe it. Still don't.

Look, I think he's a fantastic guitar player and probably very nice and genuine to his fans. But I'm beginning to see how petty he can be over this stuff if not down right egocentric. And I certainly can see where you are coming from. He does seem to be narcissistic, especially with some of his posts as of late and even just looking back in the past. Maybe there's more to the story than we knew or still know as to why he was fired and maybe he wasn't so innocent as I would have hoped he was.

Some may call Joe Walsh a pushover when it comes to wanting to stay in the band and not speak up and didn't defend DF, but I'd rather he be that than what Felder is doing. And coming from me, that's a serious statement.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

Out on the Border

To me, he's at the KanyeWest level of meltdown at this point. He sued these people then wrote a supposedly a tell-all "expose", thinking he was going to impact their popularity with "unflattering" tales. Epic fail because the Eagles continued to sell out and frankly I think grow in popularity after his book and the documentary. I don't know where his mind is. He's hounding these people to make up with him after he sued them and tried to fk them up?

ETA: WalshFan you said that so well.

Out on the Border

How ridiculous for him to think he should have been included.
    agree.

I love his guitar work!! But I don't think he was realistically going to get an invite.

As others have said, this wasn't an Eagles reunion or a ceremony honoring the band, where one might argue he should be there. It was a tribute to Glenn Frey.

Felder knows very well Glenn wouldn't have wanted him there. The fact that he still feels he should have been invited - even though it would have been against Glenn's wishes - shows he is completely missing the point of a tribute: it was about GLENN.

Frankly, I'm astonished that he apparently can't comprehend why it would have been completely inappropriate for him to be invited. It would be like your family inviting someone you couldn't stand to deliver a eulogy at your funeral. Felder may have wanted to make up with Glenn, but it didn't happen, and Glenn no longer considered him a friend. Therefore, he has no place at the tribute for Glenn. It's as simple as that.

If Felder felt he had to comment to assuage the dimwits who don't understand why he wasn't there, I wish it could have been something like "The sad fact that I was not able to reconcile with Glenn Frey before his death meant that I was understandably not going to be invited to participate in the Grammy tribute to him. I'll pay him tribute in my own way" or other words to that effect. Then, he could disable comments on that post to ensure none of his misguided super-fans seize the opportunity to bash Glenn, as some are currently doing in the comments on his post.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    As others have said, this wasn't an Eagles reunion or a ceremony honoring the band, where one might argue he should be there. It was a tribute to Glenn Frey.

Felder knows very well Glenn wouldn't have wanted him there. The fact that he still feels he should have been invited - even though it would have been against Glenn's wishes - shows he is completely missing the point of a tribute: it was about GLENN.

Frankly, I'm astonished that he apparently can't comprehend why it would have been completely inappropriate for him to be invited. It would be like your family inviting someone you couldn't stand to deliver a eulogy at your funeral. Felder may have wanted to make up with Glenn, but it didn't happen, and Glenn no longer considered him a friend. Therefore, he has no place at the tribute for Glenn. It's as simple as that.

If Felder felt he had to comment to assuage the dimwits who don't understand why he wasn't there, I wish it could have been something like "The sad fact that I was not able to reconcile with Glenn Frey before his death meant that I was understandably not going to be invited to participate in the Grammy tribute to him. I'll pay him tribute in my own way" or other words to that effect. Then, he could disable comments on that post to ensure none of his misguided super-fans use the opportunity to bash Glenn, as some are currently doing in the comments on his post.
    yeah absolutely. some were bashing Him the band and even Felder. saying stuff along the lines of... "the band was wrong they were insensitive" all this un necessary drama... it's like there is zero respect.

I think you guys are being to hard on Felder. Look ever since i read his book it was obvious that he gets a little whiny every so often, its just the way he is. Doesnt mean he is a bad person. Give the guy a break, like it or not he was instrumental in taking the Eagles to lengend status...he has the right to say what he wants. And he didnt say anything harsh anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post

If Felder felt he had to comment to assuage the dimwits who don't understand why he wasn't there, I wish it could have been something like "The sad fact that I was not able to reconcile with Glenn Frey before his death meant that I was understandably not going to be invited to participate in the Grammy tribute to him. I'll pay him tribute in my own way" or other words to that effect. Then, he could disable comments on that post to ensure none of his misguided super-fans use the opportunity to bash Glenn, as some are currently doing in the comments on his post.
    I agree with Walsh fan and Outlaw man. This is just me but I think he is showing signs of ADHD and Impulsivity from the way I read these posts. I don't think he truly is bitter about this he just doesn't think it threw because number one it is social media and it will spread like wildfire and two he will unintentionally burn more bridges then what have already been burned. I can tell about the adhd and impulsivity because I suffer from it so I have a hard time thinking things threw before I say anything because if you talk to much you can get people pissed off and not realize it. Felder just needs to think before he posts