Page 65 of 92 FirstFirst ... 155561626364656667686975 ... LastLast

Thread: Don Felder in the Press/Blogs/etc.

Default Re: Don Felder in the Press/Blogs/etc.

An article in The Tenneseean about Don's induction:

http://www.tennessean.com/story/ente...tees/91953666/

Some really great names were present, it would have been cool to be there.

Right or wrong, what’s done is done
    It’s only moments that you borrow...

Just putting in my 2 cents here, but I stopped posting or even checking in here because I got so tired of the bashing on Don Felder.

Anytime someone posted something nice about him or had any praise of his talent....somebody just comes in & starts bashing him & putting him down. I got totally sick of it. I hardly come here anymore because of it. Many of the members from years ago have just left because they couldn't stand it anymore! Please make this a positive place to talk about ALL the Eagles...That would really be nice.

Border Desperado

Quote Originally Posted by Funk 50 View Post

I have a problem with Eagles fans praising Felder when, in my opinion, he's done a lot to damage the reputation of the band.
    OMG, this is unbelievable. Can't you focus on the rock he bought to the band, the great guitar solos, the music to tunes like Visions, Victim of Love, Too Many Hands and, oh yeah, Hotel California? (Not to mention how good- looking he was and is) Do you just listen to songs that he didn't write on, play on, harmonize on. If so, you don't have much to listen too except Long Road Out of Eden, which is a good album, but most fans don't put it up there as their number one collection.

There are quite a few of us who think that Glenn and Don caused trouble in that band-- and Randy and Bernie and Felder are the casualties of that, but we have great resoect for the gifts that Glen and Don H. brought to the band. While we Felder fans (some of you make it sound like a disease) are under attack relentlessly by some of you, most of us are loyal fans of the group and love them as a whole and individually.

To say you are an Eagles fan and hate on one of the Seven like you just did in that statement is petty and rude. Stuff like that is the reason Soda is setting up a separate thread for Felder positivity posts.

I joined this board this summer to talk about and share about and celebrate a mutual interest with Eagle fans. I did not come here to degrade band members or insult board members. That apparently is not the viewpoint taken by all others on here. I used to feel like Pretty lonely on here, but More and more Felder fans are expressing their thoughts about their favorite band member and about the treatment we have received from some posters.

I am very grateful some awareness has been brought to the situation and respect you Soda for trying to create a site that has a place for positivity to flow. (Kinda sad though in a way that a safe-haven has to be created for Felder when he was a legit Eagle for a number of years.)

Finally, you don't have to say anything positive about Felder, but be gracious enough to stay off the thread that is all about positive stuff.

Stuck on the Border Witchy Woman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Eagles7 View Post
    Finally, you don't have to say anything positive about Felder, but be gracious enough to stay off the thread that is all about positive stuff.
    First of all, this is not the positivity thread. Second, I don't think anyone here hates Felder at all. I certainly don't. He is a tremendously talented guitarist, and contributed a great deal to the group. What I dislike is his cavalier attitude towards his former bandmates. I fail to see how that is attacking anyone who likes him or Bernie and Randy at all. Everyone is entitled to their opinions. It is not right to call board members white trash or low class because they don't agree with you.

Border Desperado

Quote Originally Posted by Witchy Woman View Post
    ...I don't think anyone here hates Felder at all. I certainly don't. He is a tremendously talented guitarist, and contributed a great deal to the group. What I dislike is his cavalier attitude towards his former bandmates. I fail to see how that is attacking anyone who likes him or Bernie and Randy at all. Everyone is entitled to their opinions. It is not right to call board members white trash or low class because they don't agree with you.

Well, your past post does seem to indicate otherwise. Unless of course you tell those you have a deep respect for to, "Go fornicate themselves" and call them "whiney britches".

That type of vernacular indicates low class behavior. You may be extremely intelligent and well bred, saying things like that is crude and trashy. You are entitled to dislike Felder and of course express it, but you may want to choose a less foul manner.

I feel Soda has worked hard on this forum and if people feel free to express themselves in the manner you have, it makes this look like a gathering of thugs.

Quote Originally Posted by VillageGirl View Post
    Well, your past post does seem to indicate otherwise. Unless of course you tell those you have a deep respect for to, "Go fornicate themselves" and call them "whiney britches".

That type of vernacular indicates low class behavior. You may be extremely intelligent and well bred, saying things like that is crude and trashy. You are entitled to dislike Felder and of course express it, but you may want to choose a less foul manner.

I feel Soda has worked hard on this forum and if people feel free to express themselves in the manner you have, it makes this look like a gathering of thugs.
    I stand by what I said. If that sounds trashy and low class to you so be it. I was way less provocative than I could have been.

Quote Originally Posted by UndertheWire View Post
    I've always thought it must be tough to be a Felder fan on this board, but you're needed because you can provide that viewpoint. If you read Soda's history of the websites and board, you can see their origins were as a fan site and message board for Glenn Frey before being opened up to cover the band past and present. It's neither surprising nor wrong that the message board remains pro-Frey.

Unfortunately, the disagreements between Felder and Frey have become public and unsurprisingly, fans want to discuss. Given that the board has more fans of Frey than Felder, it's always going to be lop-sided. In terms of press, it's even more lop-sided as while Felder still speaks of the other band members, they rarely acknowledge him.

What I'm going to try to do is avoid repeating old arguments. If Felder has something new to say, it's worth discussing but if he's repeating the same stories, there's nothing to be gained.

In his latest interview, the news was his upcoming EP but that was spun off into a separate thread which I assume has been nice and positive.

As for why Schmit and Walsh rarely speak of Felder, I assume that their publicists have advised them that it would distract from whatever they are trying to promote and they can benefit from the Eagles association without any mention of Felder. In contrast, with Felder, any reference to the Eagles will lead to questions of why he left and will he rejoin.
    There are a lot more fans of Don Fleder than you may think. We are just so sick of the bashing & negative crap that goes on in here, that we have just stopped posting. Now that Glenn has past away, it's hard to say anything negative about him, but he even admitted himself that he wasn't always the nicest person to deal with. I do believe he drove Randy out of the band, & as for Don Felder, it was pretty clear. Although I think Henley was with Glenn on the firing of Felder, he was less vocal about it. Even in HOE, he toned it down, but Glenn didn't & spoke his mind.
    I honestly believe that Felder wanted to mend fences with them, but of course now it is too late.
    Felder was speaking about his induction into Musicians Hall of fame, & he said, he doesn't have to work, He has to play music & that is what it's about for him. .

Stuck on the Border

Can't we just get back to talking about Don's interviews and press instead of complaining about what other people post?

Border Desperado

Quote Originally Posted by Witchy Woman View Post
    First of all, this is not the positivity thread.

**I'm aware.

Second, I don't think anyone on here hates Felder.

**Well, could have fooled me.

What I dislike is his cavalier attitude towards his former bandmates.

**Have to agree to disagree. He's stated often that he would like to put the discord to rest, but nobody wants to meet him halfway. Glenn, on the other hand was shockingly cavalier in terms of Don Felder in HOTE.

Everyone is entitled to their opinions.

**By all means, but having an opinion and attacking posters who have a different opinion are two very different things.

It is not right to call board members white trash or low class because they don't agree with you.
    **Don't know who you are talking to...that wasn't me.

Quote Originally Posted by Eagles7 View Post
    **Don't know who you are talking to...that wasn't me.
    I'm well aware it wasn't you. The person who said it has already been established. And kindly refer me to a time where I personally attacked you or any other member of this board. I'll wait.