Page 29 of 92 FirstFirst ... 192526272829303132333979 ... LastLast

Thread: Don Felder in the Press/Blogs/etc.

Default Re: Don Felder in the Press/Blogs/etc.

he is still bitter and stuck on himself and in the past.

It is ridiculous that in this time he is still crying poor pitiful me

Banned

Wonderful words from Felder. It's a tragedy that he waited until after Glenn's death to share them...

Glenn’s passing was so unexpected and has left me with a very heavy heart filled with sorrow. He was so young and still full of amazing genius. He was an extremely talented songwriter, arranger, leader, singer, guitarist – you name it – and Glenn could do it and create “MAGIC” on the spot. His visions and insights into songs and lyrics have become legendary and will echo throughout time on this earth for decades to come.
    Glenn was the one who invited me to join the Eagles in 1974, and it turned out to be a gift of a lifetime to have spent so many years working side by side with him. He was funny, strong and generous. At times, it felt like we were brothers and at other times, like brothers, we disagreed. Despite our struggles and difficult moments together, we managed to create some magical songs, recordings and live shows. His charisma on stage was felt and loved by millions of people all over the world. I have many wonderful memories of those years and the many miles I traveled with Glenn, filled with laughter, song, parties, hugs and brotherly bonds.
    Glenn was the James Dean of the band. He was the leader that we all looked to for direction and by far the coolest guy in the band. It saddens me a great deal that we were never able to address the issues that came between us and talk them through. Sadly, now we will never get the chance. The planet has lost a great man and a wonderful musician today. None will ever be able to take his place. May you rest in peace Glenn Frey, and may God bless you and your lovely family.

Read More: Don Felder Pays Tribute to Glenn Frey's 'Amazing Genius' | http://ultimateclassicrock.com/don-f...ckback=tsmclip

no

I think felder is an opportunist that is buried in the past and will always play the "victim" and never ever take responsibility for his part

Stuck on the Border

I have to say I find the phrase 'class act' is being overused.

Stuck on the Border

While Don did mention the "case of the estranged ex-member" in the interview it seems to me that the writer also chose to emphasize it in his story. Well, I don't know all the things Don said that weren't included in the text. Maybe he did cry about it. I'm just saying that it's possible that Don didn't talk about it as much as it looks.

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower View Post
    I have to say I find the phrase 'class act' is being overused.
    agreed

I thought Felder's statement on Glenn's passing was very sweet

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Quote Originally Posted by redstorm1968 View Post
    I think that the statements Felder has made about Frey have been appropriate and not at all disrespectful. I also think that for people to continue with all this Frey vs. Felder business is wildly inappropriate, in light of the fact that one of them is dead. Can both sides call a truce, at least until after the funeral is over? Let our remembrances of Frey unite everyone, if only for a moment.
    I couldn't agree with you more on this part I bolded. I truly don’t mean to offend anyone, but, any discussion at this time about this feels very ‘icky’ and intrusive to me and I know I’m not the only one that feels this way. It’s just not the right time for this discussion. It’s very unsettling to me every time I see a new post in this thread – I don’t even have to read it, so it’s irrelevant whether it’s positive or negative. To me, when discussing public figures on the internet, it does not mean it is okay to cross the lines of proper etiquette. Would you think it's appropriate to rehash a past feud during a friend or family members mourning period? I would certainly hope not - it would be highly inappropriate and, to my way of thinking, this is no different. I realize not everyone feels the same way, but I bring this up just to make folks sensitive to the fact that some do.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Don's comment on not being in touch for years felt to me that he was needing to point out the fact that he truly isn't that close to the band anymore. For those not familiar with the band's issues they may feel he is part of the inner circle. I think his statement was to clarify things so it doesn't seem like he was acting as part of the inner circle.

I think red storm and I've always been a dreamer summed things up perfectly.

I think it will always be this way.

Some will see one side and some of us will see the other side.