Page 20 of 92 FirstFirst ... 101617181920212223243070 ... LastLast

Thread: Don Felder in the Press/Blogs/etc.

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

Default Re: Don Felder in the Press/Blogs/etc.

Yes, he was definitely baited. Idiot interviewer, what did he really think Don was gonna say?
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

Stuck on the Border

A new interview. Nothing controversial. Talks about his plans, his weight and his exercise regime.

http://music.blog.ajc.com/2015/04/27...laying-guitar/

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

Thanks, UTW.
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

Stuck on the Border

For someone who doesn't think about money he certainly still says the word "money" surprisingly often.

Stuck on the Border

There's an interview with The Washington Times. Although the title refers to the tour with the Doobie Brothers, it looks like it could be recycled from last year. http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...-road-goes-on/

Stuck on the Border MaryCalifornia's Avatar

Good article from yesterday, UTW, thanks, haven't gotten to the Washington times yet. Felder really does look fantastic, like a rock star. He must work hard to stay as trim as he is.

In his next book, I'm guessing he will take the opportunity to "soften" his tone in Heaven and Hell and come off as more circumspect and mature as regards Don and Glenn (and maybe Joe and Tim, too). Newfound perspective and all that.

Wait, the Eagles have never played South America? How? Why?? Such easy money in a short time period and so many fans, so much closer that Aus and NZ....??? Is this true - never?

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by MaryCalifornia View Post
    Good article from yesterday, UTW, thanks, haven't gotten to the Washington times yet. Felder really does look fantastic, like a rock star. He must work hard to stay as trim as he is.

In his next book, I'm guessing he will take the opportunity to "soften" his tone in Heaven and Hell and come off as more circumspect and mature as regards Don and Glenn (and maybe Joe and Tim, too). Newfound perspective and all that.

Wait, the Eagles have never played South America? How? Why?? Such easy money in a short time period and so many fans, so much closer that Aus and NZ....??? Is this true - never?
    No, they have never played there. I'm sure they have done their research.

Stuck on the Border MaryCalifornia's Avatar

I don't know about research, they probably just don't want to go. From a quick Google search, it appears that the Beatles, Fleetwood Mac, and Dire Straits never played South America [quick search, I could be wrong.] But, it seems like most other major touring acts past and present have gone there - the Stones, Springsteen, U2, Queen, Madonna, Bon Jovi, JayZ and Justin Timberlake, Katy Perry, One Direction, etc... Ultimate Classic Rock says that Roger Waters played to 750,000 fans in 15 dates in 2012 - 50K fans average per night! I think the Eagles would do great there!

Sorry to go off topic in the Felder thread.

Stuck on the Border Jonny Come Lately's Avatar
    Watching the hazy sun sinking in the sea in England

I suppose it isn't that surprising that The Beatles never played South America, they broke up over 40 years and I think the world wasn't as globalised as it is now, meaning fewer people in South America would have heard of them and it would have been harder for them to tour the continent. As for Dire Straits, played their last show in 1992 (not as long ago as The Beatles, but still before I was born) and as much as I love them I wouldn't really consider them a long term major touring band, certainly not on the level of say The Rolling Stones or U2 - based on comments I've read elsewhere they fell off the radar for a lot of people after the end of the Brothers In Arms era, I have come across people who really liked Brothers In Arms but didn't buy On Every Street. Also, English is not the first language in South America and compared to most of the other bands listed I would suggest their songs would not be that easy for Spanish/Portuguese speakers to understand - Mark Knopfler often uses colloquialisms in his lyrics and most of their songs tend to be like short stories - they don't have many 'singalongs'.

Not sure why Fleetwood Mac haven't toured South America though. Can't think of any obvious reason why not. When it comes to the Eagles I guess they just don't want to play there. Maybe they and Fleetwood Mac don't have that many fans in South America compared to other bands?

Banned

I guess until recently, South America didn't have enough adequate venues to play. Here in the UK there are now loads of arenas to play. Before 2K there were relatively few.

Quote Originally Posted by MaryCalifornia
    To atone for Heaven And Hell, Don needs to do a lot more than "soften his tone". A humble grovelling apology would go down very well imho.