Page 32 of 92 FirstFirst ... 222829303132333435364282 ... LastLast

Thread: Don Felder in the Press/Blogs/etc.

Stuck on the Border

Default Re: Don Felder in the Press/Blogs/etc.

Quote Originally Posted by OutlawManNJ View Post
    I think you guys are being to hard on Felder. Look ever since i read his book it was obvious that he gets a little whiny every so often, its just the way he is. Doesnt mean he is a bad person. Give the guy a break, like it or not he was instrumental in taking the Eagles to lengend status...he has the right to say what he wants. And he didnt say anything harsh anyway.
    He complained that he wasn't invited to the tribute, thus once again inviting his Facebook followers to bash the Eagles & the late Glenn Frey.

His comments were completely inappropriate at this time.

FP, this was Jennifer Lee Barton Meisner's comment on the Huffington Post article:
    It was a very difficult thing to do, play the music you.ve been playing forever without Glenn,most people could not have done what they did, they were like brothers, not quite a month after his passing.

Stuck on the Border

From The Wrap
    Geez; you sue a guy, and suddenly you’re not invited to his Grammys tribute. That’s some gratitude, huh, Don Felder?

Don't get me wrong, I'll always admire Felder for the astounding musician he is. But the statements about not being invited are totally unnecessary and unwarranted. I wouldn't want someone who attempted to sue me giving a eulogy at my funeral, that's for damn sure. He honestly needs to quit the whining and just shouldn't have said anything in the first place.

I could say a lot worse with much more colorful language (and I have on Twitter, trust me) but that has no place here. So I'll leave it at the fact that I'm very disappointed with Felder and have lost a lot of respect for him.
    ~ Tori
    https://www.eaglesonlinecentral.com/downloads/images/henley24.jpg

Out on the Border

UTW - The Wrap got that right. And that's the way I feel. It's that simple for me.

Stuck on the Border AlreadyGone95's Avatar
    the middle of farm country (southwest Georgia)

That wrap quote is perfect.

Felder is a great guitarist, and he added alot to the band. Nobody denies that. I do think that he truly does miss being in the band, even if it might be only because of the money involved. His actions and words do more harm than good. He either realizes that he makes the relationship worse by posting what he posts or he's in complete denial! (The latter of which fits a narcissistic person). As it has been said before, he said that he has moved on, but has shown little or no signs of doing so.
    Last edited by AlreadyGone95; 02-16-2016 at 10:41 PM.
    -Kim-

People don't run out of dreams, People just run out of time

You know I know everyone is entitled to their opinion on a guy but that tribute was a heartbreaker for me. As an Eagle fan I was disappointed not to have seen Meisner and Felder up there. Potentially it was the last time they would play together. I was hoping for something similar to HOF performance, but I understood the circumstances. To me Felders post sounds like he was responding to the questions of why wasn't he at the show. It just seems that people tear apart everything he says to find an ulterior motive. This is a sad time for an Eagles fan and I hate seeing these negative posts.

Border Desperado SilverAcidRayne's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tori View Post
    Don't get me wrong, I'll always admire Felder for the astounding musician he is. But the statements about not being invited are totally unnecessary and unwarranted. I wouldn't want someone who attempted to sue me giving a eulogy at my funeral, that's for damn sure. He honestly needs to quit the whining and just shouldn't have said anything in the first place.

I could say a lot worse with much more colorful language (and I have on Twitter, trust me) but that has no place here. So I'll leave it at the fact that I'm very disappointed with Felder and have lost a lot of respect for him.
    Agreed. I haven't even been on Twitter in forever. Maybe I should check it out. But then again I'm kinda scared. Lol

Just my two cents, Felder continues to play the victim card and I'm fed up with it. He knows "how to play it so well." As much as I would love to see Felder with the other remaining Eagles...I don't think it's going to happen. It's like he himself is pouring the gasoline on the bridges and lighting the match. I think most of the people who comment on his posts (both FB and Twitter) are not real fans and/or don't bother to do their own research. It's like the people who commented blasting Jackson or accusing them of not inviting Randy to join them on the HOTE Tour. Clearly they don't know about Randy's health issues. I think Felder has just got to give up at this point and accept the reality that he may never perform with the guys again.

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by OutlawManNJ View Post
    I think you guys are being to hard on Felder. Look ever since i read his book it was obvious that he gets a little whiny every so often, its just the way he is. Doesnt mean he is a bad person. Give the guy a break, like it or not he was instrumental in taking the Eagles to lengend status...he has the right to say what he wants. And he didnt say anything harsh anyway.
    He never says anything harsh (well, sometimes perhaps...), because it's more effective to play the nice guy and say things that make OTHER people say the harsh things for him. That's just my opinion, but it's how I've seen Felder's behavior since his book came out - when it comes to the Eagles, that is.

Maybe he was answering questions there, but he should know by now that he can say things in a neutral way (see Soda's latest post in this thread) or he can say them in a way that encourages his followers to "go for the battle" once more. It was VERY likely anyway that he wasn't going to be invited.

If I'm too harsh on Felder, so be it, as there are tons of people out there who who seem to buy only his story 100% and who keep on bashing Glenn and Don H on his Facebook page.

EDIT:

I don't mean to sound like I'm complaining, but why did they have Steuart Smith playing some of Bernie's parts in Take It Easy when they had Bernie there? It wasn't an Eagles concert so it's not like Steuart was needed for other songs anyway.
    Last edited by chaim; 02-17-2016 at 10:45 AM.