Page 33 of 92 FirstFirst ... 232930313233343536374383 ... LastLast

Thread: Don Felder in the Press/Blogs/etc.

Stuck on the Border

Default Re: Don Felder in the Press/Blogs/etc.

Someone suggested Fedler might be OCD and I thought of a quote in Marc Eliot's book about Felder before the 1980 breakup.
    There were also complaints from Felder about money. He insisted on knowing where every penny was going, often going into other band members' rooms on the road to make sure his was as big as theirs. One close to the band thought it became a pathological thing: "Am I getting my fair share of the money, am I getting my fair share of the glory, am I getting my fair share of the chicks, am I getting my fair share of the dope, is my limo as big as his limo?"
    Maybe it will make me feel better about the situation if I think he has a disorder that makes him do the things he does. I know I've previously suggested that some of his actions might come from his childhood when he felt deprived and undervalued.

Quote Originally Posted by UndertheWire View Post
    Someone suggested Fedler might be OCD and I thought of a quote in Marc Eliot's book about Felder before the 1980 breakup.

Maybe it will make me feel better about the situation if I think he has a disorder that makes him do the things he does. I know I've previously suggested that some of his actions might come from his childhood when he felt deprived and undervalued.
    I did. I also have it so i can see the symptoms in others noticably. He also wrote in his book that he bought a merceedes out of an impulse (wouldn't we all?). because he had the money and wanted to show is father how he sucsessfull he is because his father used to say we was worthless and other colorful words
    Another reason is that he wrote that he was always being compared to is older brother who was much more sucessfull at everything thennhe was but I guess Fellder showed them eh?

Out on the Border

I'm shocked at how many Eagles fans seem to hate Felder. He was such an integral part of the Eagles music when he came on board with them. None of the Eagles were saints in their behavior. No such thing as forgive and move on I'm guessing.

Quote Originally Posted by Olivia View Post
    I'm shocked at how many Eagles fans seem to hate Felder. He was such an integral part of the Eagles music when he came on board with them. None of the Eagles were saints in their behavior. No such thing as forgive and move on I'm guessing.
    This girl gets it. But the so called fans of Felder. have been moaning and bashing Henley and Glenn for years and he ,ay not feel the way they are.
    Last edited by travlnman2; 02-17-2016 at 10:53 AM.

Out on the Border

Totally agree Olivia. It is time to move on and "Get Over It". Felder will always be a part of the Eagles music and I am happy he was. His guitar work was instrumentally in moving them along in the evolution of the band. He said some things that people don't like but so did Henley and Frey.

Stuck on the Border

You people who are "shocked" by the "hate" against Don Felder on this forum, do you visit websites where people keep bashing Don H and especially Glenn - and who say that the Eagles were NOTHING without Felder - and tell them to cool down and say that perhaps they are exaggerating?

Usually when people criticize Don Felder over here, they say they love him as a guitarist etc. When people bash Glenn in other places, they often have NOTHING good to say about him. They're acting like Felder did the music and Glenn took the money. Very informed!

Anyway, I don't mind hearing different views on this matter. It's refreshing.
    Last edited by chaim; 02-17-2016 at 10:37 AM.

Stuck on the Border

Henley and Frey had moved on, just not in the way that Felder and his fans wanted.

I have to admit. I did like his statement he put out when Glenn first died, but reality set in probably a few days after that statement was posted. He was doing the poor poor me card like he did on Monday.

Doesn't he also not think that maybe Cindy didn't want him there either. You can't just blame Don and the guys for not inviting you. Cindy probably didn't want him there too especially after you have badmouth her husband for 15 years.

I guess Felder thinks that since Glenn is gone, Don wants to forgive and forget what happened for the past 15 years. Hello, Felder. Detroit incident anyone. That incident there tells you Don will probably never forgive him.

Felder is kinda scaring right now. Underthewire brought up something yesterday that had me very scared and I hope he doesn't do something stupid now that Glenn is gone.

Out on the Border

Yes we know, that was quite obvious from HOTE.

Quote Originally Posted by UndertheWire View Post

Wow. Seriously, you guys make it seem like Don and Glenn were the sweetest guys in rock and roll. Not even in their own documentary that they had their fingers all over did Don and Glenn come off as good guys. again, without Felder the Eagles would have never had Hotel California and would never have reached the levels of success that they did so I think I can tolerate Felder bitching every once in a while about stuff. He earned it and Don and Glenn also earned the criticism.