Page 34 of 92 FirstFirst ... 243031323334353637384484 ... LastLast

Thread: Don Felder in the Press/Blogs/etc.

Stuck on the Border

Default Re: Don Felder in the Press/Blogs/etc.

Quote Originally Posted by UndertheWire View Post
    Henley and Frey had moved on, just not in the way that Felder and his fans wanted.
    Well said.

Out on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by OutlawManNJ View Post
    Wow. Seriously, you guys make it seem like Don and Glenn were the sweetest guys in rock and roll. Not even in their own documentary that they had their fingers all over did Don and Glenn come off as good guys. again, without Felder the Eagles would have never had Hotel California and would never have reached the levels of success that they did so I think I can tolerate Felder bitching every once in a while about stuff. He earned it and Don and Glenn also earned the criticism.
    Well said OutlawManNJ! No one is taking away from the incredible music they all brought to us. Just seems that so many people want to act like Felder had nothing at all to do with the Eagles success. He is constantly criticized. It's a free country, he can have his say, just as Glenn & Don had their say also about him in HOTE.

Quote Originally Posted by UndertheWire View Post
    Henley and Frey had moved on, just not in the way that Felder and his fans wanted.
    Its easier to move on when you keep the Name, power, money and control. Then its real easy to move on! Its rediculous that you want to think they all left on even grounds so Felder should just zip it.

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by Olivia View Post
    Well said OutlawManNJ! No one is taking away from the incredible music they all brought to us. Just seems that so many people want to act like Felder had nothing at all to do with the Eagles success. He is constantly criticized. It's a free country, he can have his say, just as Glenn & Don had their say also about him in HOTE.
    I have never seen anyone say this on this forum. People around here are aware that he did great stuff musically. I must admit that I'm not a frequent visitor, but still...

EDIT:

By the way, there are also comments like this one (from Felder's Facebook page): "Don F. Had more to do with the Eagles legacy possibly more than any other Eagle!"
    Last edited by chaim; 02-17-2016 at 11:56 AM.

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

I can't for the life of my figure out why anyone is even questioning why Felder wasn't there! The band moved on without him and were touring for over 14 years after he was fired! They filled sold out stadiums without him! Why in the world would they ask him to be there? None of the remaining members had anything to do with him anymore! He sued them! He wrote and said nasty things about them!

Can't you people figure it out?

I know he was an amazingly talented musician! He influenced their music. (read above paragraph again) Get over it and move on! Geez!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Out on the Border

I can understand why he was not invited, I am sure Glenn's wife and children did not want him there, but there is nothing wrong with Felder expressing his want to be there to honor Glenn. Just because he was fired (he must have had some justification to sue) and was not with the band for the last 14 years does not make him sad that Glenn is gone or make him want to express his condolences and feelings about his ex-bandmate.

Out on the Border

But Bernie was there. He was only labeled as a "guest" on this last tour as I've seen in some news articles. I do get that he & the others didn't have the falling out that Felder did. But he's technically not a band member either.

Quote Originally Posted by Buttercup View Post
    I can understand why he was not invited, I am sure Glenn's wife and children did not want him there, but there is nothing wrong with Felder expressing his want to be there to honor Glenn. Just because he was fired (he must have had some justification to sue) and was not with the band for the last 14 years does not make him sad that Glenn is gone or make him want to express his condolences and feelings about his ex-bandmate.
    Exactly i can also understand why he wasnt invited...but as you said that doesnt mean Felder cant express his sadness in not being there. Also as far as lawsuits , please, in hollywood and music they sue each other left and right and still work together if not immediately , later on.
    Last edited by OutlawManNJ; 02-17-2016 at 11:18 AM.

Out on the Border

I never understood that about Bernie. I know he has been gone for awhile but he was hired to play in the band just like Joe and Tim, so they are officially an Eagle but Bernie is not.

Out on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by OutlawManNJ View Post
    Exactly i can also understand why he wasnt invited...but as you said that doesnt mean Felder cant express his sadness in not being there. Also as far as lawsuits , please, hollywood and music being sue each other left and right and still work together if not immediately , later on.
    That is so true, I mean the Eagles sued David Geffen and then Henley worked with him again and sued him again.