Page 35 of 92 FirstFirst ... 253132333435363738394585 ... LastLast

Thread: Don Felder in the Press/Blogs/etc.

Stuck on the Border

Default Re: Don Felder in the Press/Blogs/etc.

Quote Originally Posted by OutlawManNJ View Post
    Exactly i can also understand why he wasnt invited...but as you said that doesnt mean Felder cant express his sadness in not being there. Also as far as lawsuits , please, hollywood and music being sue each other left and right and still work together if not immediately , later on.
    With the history of Glenn and Don H bashing in the internet - including Don Felder's own Facebook page - Don F should know by now that there's the possibility that he's encouraging his fans to bash them even more if he doesn't choose his words more carefully. That's what, I think, is the problem with some people. It's what bothers me, but I can't speak for others.

Like Sodascouts said in her latest post, if Don F had written something like "I can understand why I wasn't invited..." it would be a different matter. But the way he put it is bound to make people "fight for him" so to speak. And it worked. I'm not talking about you, but his fans on his Facebook page.

EDIT:

I would assume that it hurts Don F to see people constantly bashing Don H and Glenn on his Facebook page - especially since Glenn's departure.
    Last edited by chaim; 02-17-2016 at 11:39 AM.

Border Desperado SilverAcidRayne's Avatar

I love Felder and his music. Unbelievable talent. And gorgeous. Lol

BUT... I don't know him as a person. I've never met him. But like the rest of us I can tell from recent behavior he is kind of 'acting out'. The post yesterday. he may have been answering questions. He may have worded it wrong. I know how it is to say things and act out on impulse. Maybe he will change it. If the history with him and the band is that bad beyond repair then maybe he should stay quiet and mourn in his own way. BUT he's an ex eagle. They would expect something from him. What I think all of us wanted is for them to put all differences aside just for that moment and be there. but if it is that serious then I guess we will never see it. If he makes a serious effort to apologize maybe? Idk.

Out on the Border

I really don't see what he has to apologize for. All he said was that he wished he could have been part of it. He's an ex-bandmate. He is allowed to feel bad about Glenn's death, even though they weren't friendly. They had alot of history together. I don't see anything in his wording that he was acting out. If he hadn't said anything at all about it, then he'd be harassed for not saying anything!

Out on the Border

Damned if you do and damned if you don't. No matter what he does people will not be happy because he did not conform to the Eagle rules.

That is true... but what I meant was just because they have the history together and all that happened... if he did damage their friendship by the whole suing and all this maybe this would be the time for them to just hash it out. it won't be overnight forgiveness but at least there's an effort. he is absolutely allowed to feel horrible. they shared many a stage together and fell out. happens with most.

Stuck on the Border

It's not Eagles Rules, it's good manners. You don't complain publicly when you are not invited.

Quote Originally Posted by SilverAcidRayne View Post
    That is true... but what I meant was just because they have the history together and all that happened... if he did damage their friendship by the whole suing and all this maybe this would be the time for them to just hash it out. it won't be overnight forgiveness but at least there's an effort. he is absolutely allowed to feel horrible. they shared many a stage together and fell out. happens with most.
    Did you ever consider that maybe him suing the band was the right thing to do? Why do people keep blaming him for suing? He did damage by suing? Maybe the damage was done by the henley and freys greed. Again ill repeat, without Felder magical moment in which he came up with the music for hotel california The Eagles would be famous but not nearly what they became. Felder literally put hundreds of millions of dollars in henley and freys pocket. He deserves more respect and maybe he sued for a good reason.

Out on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by UndertheWire View Post
    It's not Eagles Rules, it's good manners. You don't complain publicly when you are not invited.
    What I meant by Eagles rules is that he was fired because he did not follow the rules that Henley and Frey put in place. As far as complaining, I do not find his statement to be complaining, I find it to be a wish to have been able to honor someone he spent a lot of time with and collaborated on some of the best music this world has ever known. No matter what he does people are complaining.

Also i love it when band members and former band members speak out. We learn things. Without Felders book imagine how much stuff we would have never heard of. So im all for Felder and others expressing themselves. Otherwise we wouldnt have all that much to talk about.

Like I said... I do not know the whole story. If they were greedy and all this then they were. if they were nasty people then they were. the main reason I said that is because people are leaving. people are dying. If there is bad blood then I believe in airing things out. if he had a right to sue he did. that's all business. strip all that away and you have friends that are mad at each other and there's no forgiveness in sight. He lost a friend too. Maybe he wants to mend things.