Page 37 of 92 FirstFirst ... 273334353637383940414787 ... LastLast

Thread: Don Felder in the Press/Blogs/etc.

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Default Re: Don Felder in the Press/Blogs/etc.

Quote Originally Posted by SilverAcidRayne View Post
    Yes exactly. I don't think they would have a choice in this one. it's a huge honor.
    Choice? It's already been announced that the then current four members were the ones to be honored.
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Border Desperado SilverAcidRayne's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Brooke View Post
    Choice? It's already been announced that the then current four members were the ones to be honored.
    Wait the early lineup or this one?

Glenn, Don, Joe and Timothy were going to be honored. Of course KCH is in the air right now since we don't know if they will still do it in December since they lost Glenn and they pushed it back to this year because they wanted Glenn there.

Oh that's right. I forgot all about that... mind is all over the place lol

Stuck on the Border

When Randy Meisner spoke to a newspaper following Glenn's death he said he had been going to go to the KC Awards.

Quote Originally Posted by shunlvswx View Post
    Glenn, Don, Joe and Timothy were going to be honored. Of course KCH is in the air right now since we don't know if they will still do it in December since they lost Glenn and they pushed it back to this year because they wanted Glenn there.
    If kennedy center includes everyone it will be good for both camps. On the Felder side he would finally be able to see them and play with them again and on the Henley and Azoff side it would get Felder to shut up. I also think that Joe and Timothy would want Bernie, Randy and Fingers to also be honored.

Like how when Timothy said at the hof "I wasn't in the trenches with this particular band so I would like to thank my predecessor Randy Meisner for
    being there to pave the way for me being here tonight." and Joe saying "I am happy that Bernie and Randy were recongized Its very appropriate." Here is my take on what Joe thinks about Felder just from this quote from HOTE.

"Glenn often made decisions that were good for the Eagles but it made Don Felder who was great for the Eagles very unhappy". Or something like that.

edit Redstorm yes Joe did say that in part 1 but he said the quote above in part 2.
    Last edited by travlnman2; 02-17-2016 at 06:20 PM.

I call him walshy. He shall be my walshy.

yes. I do sound like I'm 4.

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

There was a petition but it didn't do any good, their minds were already made up. They still said the current 4 would be the honorees. Don, Glenn, Tim, Joe.

Who knows what will happen now that Glenn is gone.
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by redstorm1968 View Post

1) The Eagles would not be expected to play at the Honors, with or without Felder. Other artists perform in their "honor." 2) That's not the Walsh quote. The quote was "There were a lot of decisions business-wise that needed to be made in a secret session with Glenn and Don and Irving in the back of the plane. I didn't like that I wasn't part of that but I knew that it was good for the Eagles. Don Felder really didn't like it." If you are going to use quotation marks, you need to be completely accurate with your quotes. 3) Your grammar, punctuation and mechanics are all
    atrocious. Considering Soda's profession, I will bet good money that it is setting her hair on fire.
    I think they were talking about Joe's speech at the Rock n Roll Hall of Fame ceremony. Unfortunately the clip available on YouTube is incomplete so I won't link to it.

Quote Originally Posted by redstorm1968 View Post
    I think you should read travlnman2's post again. We were talking about the Kennedy Center Honors. Plus, Joe never referenced Felder in his HOF speech. That was from HOTE documentary.
    I thought you were talking about this quote:and Joe saying "I am happy that Bernie and Randy were recongized Its very appropriate."