Page 39 of 92 FirstFirst ... 293536373839404142434989 ... LastLast

Thread: Don Felder in the Press/Blogs/etc.

Default Re: Don Felder in the Press/Blogs/etc.

um

pretty sure none of them sued and wrote a book full of lies to "expose" things.

I am not, have not, never will be a felder fan.

That he used Glenn's death to once again make it about him or invited people to trash Glenn and Don is disgusting

I am not surprised Felder would pull this

Get over it Felder you sued them why would you all of a sudden be invited back to be on stage with them?

exactly

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

I don't know if Soda is around right now or not, but I'll weigh in here. It is okay to express your opinion, but it needs to be done in a way that is respectful to all members (including former members) of the band and their fans. SC - I'm afraid I have to agree that your post crossed the line. You can criticize, but let's use some common courtesy here. Just ask yourself how would you feel if someone used ugly or offensive language to describe your favorite Eagle.

Note from admin: The post which this references has been deleted.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

fine

I'm done

The band broke up in 1980 but isn't this how it went down?

Henley.It all came ahead in long beach we were playing a benefit for senator Allen Cranston.

Glenn: Now Felder didn't like us doing benefits he thought it should have been money going into his pocket. I mean why aren't we doing this for Jerry Brown or anti nukes.

Fielder: I was completely misinformed about politics I couldn't care less about politics I didn't even know or care who Allen Cranston was.

Henley: When Senator Cranston was finished he came up to each and everyone of us to personally thank us and when he got to Mr. Felder he said I wanted to thank you and Felder said your welcome and when the senator turned away he said "I guess?".

Felder : I guess.

Irving: I guess and Glenn heard it.

Glenn I just went "inhales angerly" I walked into the tunning room were Walsh and Felder were and I was drinking a long neck bud and I threw it a against the wall and walked away. I got mad and I got even more mad by the time I walked onstage I was seething"

Glenn: So we get onstage and I am like Okay let's try to make things look like they're okay.
    Random audio recording of the concert

Timothy: I never realized how bad the tension was at that show and Felder and Glenn were fighting onstage and szymczyk caught audio of it.

Audio recording
    Glenn : "Your a real pro Don. All the way".
    Felder: Yeah you are to especially the way you handle people even those you pay no one gives a about it
    Glenn: 'you I have been pay you for 7 years you
    End of audio
    Glenn: I am looking over at him it's almost toward the end of the set and I am ready to go. I am like three more songs ""

Felder: When we get off stage I am going to kick your .

Joe:woah when your saying that kind of things onstage and your in front of people oh no.

Audio recording.
    Glenn: I am going to kill you I can't wait, I can't wait.
    Recording ends.

Glenn:'I just keep looking at him you ungrateful .

Sorry but it seems Glenn is at fault for the 1980 breakup because he over reacted at Felder's comment. I mean who else didn't know who Allen Cranston was until the Eagles?
    Last edited by travlnman2; 02-18-2016 at 09:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by EagleLady View Post
    I am not surprised Felder would pull this

Get over it Felder you sued them why would you all of a sudden be invited back to be on stage with them?
    Henley sued David Geffen as an Eagle went back to him as a solo artist and sued him again.

This is an emotional time and sometimes things get out of hand. However, it's true that we can't allow people to call band members or ex-band members names. I welcome the opinion of everyone including sad-cafe and I understand why she is upset; we just have to not allow ourselves to get carried away.

I'm going to go back in the thread and do a little cleaning up so we can just forget about it and move on.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

drama

Quote Originally Posted by travlnman2 View Post
    Henley sued David Geffen as an Eagle went back to him as a solo artist and sued him again.
    Actually, the second time, David Geffen initiated the lawsuit, although Don Henley counter-sued in response. I think it is important to try and be precise when you are criticizing people. Too often people get criticized for things they didn't actually say or do, just because people repeat what they heard someone else say, when someone else was wrong. Do your own research. It takes time, but it's worth it. That's what I tell my students.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten