Page 48 of 92 FirstFirst ... 3844454647484950515258 ... LastLast

Thread: Don Felder in the Press/Blogs/etc.

Banned

Default Re: Don Felder in the Press/Blogs/etc.

http://wpdh.com/the-eagles-don-felde...ckback=tsmclip

It speaks volumes that 101.5 WPDH chose to edit, an obviously longer interview, down to the 1:51m section relevant to Glenn, Don and Irving.

When he was in the Eagles, Don Felder was, by a distance, the most anonymous of an already pretty inconspicuous bunch of guys. That's why Glenn used to talk him up so much. Felder's fame or, I'd argue notoriety, is down to his sacking, litigation and book. Until he does something musical to top that, he's still a trash celeb at best.

Now Glenn's gone, maybe Don could adopt Joe's/Glenn's "Plaintiff" joke. It's just a matter of which song, from his set list, he introduces with it. He's certainly got plenty to choose from.

If Felder ever runs into Joe and suggests that they meet up for lunch, I hope Don will hear his "crickets" again, unless, of course he makes a humble, genuine and heartfelt apology for all the irreparable damage he's caused to his former band ie. his well worn and current first class, meal-ticket.

That little interchange between Don and Irving should end Don's regular "only their lawyers" reply to his questions about reaching out to his former band mates. Unsurprisingly he still used it.

I wonder if Don complained about the "Don Felder is currently touring with a new group of musicians, playing the songs he and The Eagles made together in much happier times" line. He keeps telling us that he's so happy and content now that he's no longer in the band.

Quote Originally Posted by Funk 50 View Post
    I wonder if Don complained about the "Don Felder is currently touring with a new group of musicians, playing the songs he and The Eagles made together in much happier times" line. He keeps telling us that he's so happy and content now that he's no longer in the band.
    I think they meant when the Eagles were much happier, and him. I believe Don is pretty happy and looks to be quite content.

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by Funk 50 View Post
    http://wpdh.com/the-eagles-don-felde...ckback=tsmclip

It speaks volumes that 101.5 WPDH chose to edit, an obviously longer interview, down to the 1:51m section relevant to Glenn, Don and Irving.

When he was in the Eagles, Don Felder was, by a distance, the most anonymous of an already pretty inconspicuous bunch of guys. That's why Glenn used to talk him up so much. Felder's fame or, I'd argue notoriety, is down to his sacking, litigation and book. Until he does something musical to top that, he's still a trash celeb at best.

Now Glenn's gone, maybe Don could adopt Joe's/Glenn's "Plaintiff" joke. It's just a matter of which song, from his set list, he introduces with it. He's certainly got plenty to choose from.

If Felder ever runs into Joe and suggests that they meet up for lunch, I hope Don will hear his "crickets" again, unless, of course he makes a humble, genuine and heartfelt apology for all the irreparable damage he's caused to his former band ie. his well worn and current first class, meal-ticket.

That little interchange between Don and Irving should end Don's regular "only their lawyers" reply to his questions about reaching out to his former band mates. Unsurprisingly he still used it.

Yeah.

I forced myself to listen to the segment in the interests of making sure I had the context right (HA)!

Why, instead of going on with the 'I TRIED to reach out' stuff didn't he take a second to say something about Glenn. Instead he leaves it hanging in the air that everything was Glenn's fault.

And as for Don Henley perhaps he has had more on his mind than 'ooh, now I MUST get back in touch with Don Felder'.

He should have said 'pay tribute to Glenn' instead of 'a sort of celebration of Glenn's passing'. No matter what he meant, the words in that format are now there. And it is still all about him. How sad this is.

Austin, if the guy is so happy & content he should learn to forget this stuff.

The first part we've all heard before (I've reached out but I just get their lawyers etc) but I transcribed the second half if anyone wants to be spared actually listening to it.
    Interviewer: Since Glenn Frey's passed away, has Don Henley reached out? <snip>

DF: If he has, my phone ringer must be broken, because I haven't heard the phone ring. [laughs] And I actually ran into Irving Azoff a few days before that Grammy kind of celebration of Glenn's passing where they were getting together to play, and I didn't even know they were doing that. I ran into Irving and said, "Hey, my deepest condolences about Glenn and let's get together and have lunch and you know, just chat, catch up..." Complete silence. Crickets. So... I don't think they really have any desire to at this point. Whether that may change, I don't know. You know, leopards don't easily change their spots, I guess.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

If Don Felder believes comments like that will hasten a reconciliation between himself and any of the remaining Eagles (not just Don H), then he is completely clueless.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Stuck on the Border

It looks worse transcribed. As it's a predictable question, I'm surprised he - or his publicist - hadn't worked out a better answer.

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by UndertheWire View Post
    It looks worse transcribed. As it's a predictable question, I'm surprised he - or his publicist - hadn't worked out a better answer.
    IMO he should at this point tell the interviewers beforehand "no questions about my current relationship with the Eagles". The subject really is getting that old. People say that Don Henley should move on (in other words reach out to Felder), but it's the journalists - and to a lesser extent Don F himself - who desperately cling to this issue in almost every interview.

(And whoever still insists that Felder never intended to badmouth Frey & Henley in the first place - "just telling the facts" - needs only to check out the Henley & Frey pictures Felder chose for his book.)
    Last edited by chaim; 05-29-2016 at 04:35 AM.

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

I agree with most of these comments. If Felder were truly happy and content, he would choose to move on and refuse to answer any questions about the Eagles or comment about them on social media. Unfortunately, his soured relationship with the band is what keeps a lot of folks interested in him. Too bad, but it seem his firing will become his legacy rather than any contributions he made to the band. However, IMO, he has only himself to blame.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by Ive always been a dreamer View Post
    I agree with most of these comments. If Felder were truly happy and content, he would choose to move on and refuse to answer any questions about the Eagles or comment about them on social media. Unfortunately, his soured relationship with the band is what keeps a lot of folks interested in him. Too bad, but it seem his firing will become his legacy rather than any contributions he made to the band. However, IMO, he has only himself to blame.
    Very sad if true. At the same it seems like he's on a quest to talk about his contributions to the Eagles. And a lot of people seem to "defend" his contributions like they have been questioned. It's weird, because as far as I know Glenn and Don H never tried to minimize Felder's contributions in public. On the contrary I've seen Glenn praise him a few times. I think it was very wrong to rearrange the names in the Hotel California credits, but other than that I still have no idea where this widespread "they never acknowledged Felder's contributions" attitude came from.

(Anyway, I can't think of many ex-members of a famous band who have dedicated so much of their time for so many years to discussing their own contributions to their former band with countless interviewers. It shouldn't be that important - after all they are bands.)
    Last edited by chaim; 05-29-2016 at 12:34 PM.

The only postive thing he has said was in his recent Q and A. I asked him how he was doing and if he had any contact witht the band members(just to see if they had actually mended but it was a long shot and these interviews make me like him less and less.)
    Here is what he said.

Thanks Many have wanted to know how I am feeling after Glenns passing which caught me completely off gaurd.Glenn was the youngest guy in the band and the most tanleted imo. I have kinda learned to accept it and move on because I know we are all going to be in heavens band one day.

If he keeps talking like he did my opinon would be higher.

On The Hotel California writing credit. Maybe the reason he is always saying he wrote the solo etc is because for so many years people only knew about Joe and his parts and no one talked about Felders role