Page 49 of 92 FirstFirst ... 3945464748495051525359 ... LastLast

Thread: Don Felder in the Press/Blogs/etc.

Stuck on the Border

Default Re: Don Felder in the Press/Blogs/etc.

Quote Originally Posted by travlnman2 View Post
    The only postive thing he has said was in his recent Q and A. I asked him how he was doing and if he had any contact witht the band members(just to see if they had actually mended but it was a long shot and these interviews make me like him less and less.)
    Here is what he said.

Thanks Many have wanted to know how I am feeling after Glenns passing which caught me completely off gaurd.Glenn was the youngest guy in the band and the most tanleted imo. I have kinda learned to accept it and move on because I know we are all going to be in heavens band one day.

If he keeps talking like he did my opinon would be higher.

On The Hotel California writing credit. Maybe the reason he is always saying he wrote the solo etc is because for so many years people only knew about Joe and his parts and no one talked about Felders role
    Don really said that? There has never been a slightest hint that he thinks so.

I remembered that question. He really didn't answer the part about if he has been in touch with the guys since Glenn's death. So it looks like the only person he bumped into was Irving and its understandable for Irving to give Don the cold shoulder since Don sued him too.

Quote Originally Posted by chaim View Post
    Don really said that? There has never been a slightest hint that he thinks so.
    Yes he actually said that. There is an app where he hosted the q and a called fandate I think you can watch the replay

Quote Originally Posted by shunlvswx View Post
    I remembered that question. He really didn't answer the part about if he has been in touch with the guys since Glenn's death. So it looks like the only person he bumped into was Irving and its understandable for Irving to give Don the cold shoulder since Don sued him too.
    That was mine

I think he's full of himself at times, but I think he's truly happy. Maybe he doesn't show it via keeping quiet, but I think he's happier than people would give him credit for. But his mouth gets him in trouble and there are times (like the whole Grammy tribute thing) I, as a fan, would wish he'd just keep it to himself. It paints him in a bad light, which is his doing.

Banned

I've been very critical of Mr Felder, since the turn of the Century (Millennium) but I approve of his reluctance to censor interviewers and readiness to give honest replies rather than carefully constructed responses to minimize controversy. He'd probably get more Eagles fans attending his solo shows if he spoke more positively about the band.

Don has Eagles based product to promote, so it's no surprise to me that he maximizes his Eagles credentials to an annoying level. I can also see why his name was temporarily relegated in the Hotel California writing credits. He was no longer in the band. I'm happy they've reinstalled him as primary writer though.

Now Glenn has died and the Eagles are no more, I wonder if Don (F) will temper his criticism and show a little more respect for their legacy. They are all ex-Eagles now, there is no huge corporation for him to rile against.

There is still time for Don to realise his mistakes and repent, and the death of someone close can be a catalyst but I'd want more that being a little more savvy when responding to questions about the Eagles. I reckon the rest of the band do too.

Stuck on the Border

Like most of us, he'll be happy some times and less happy when he remembers the bad times. Maybe all he needs is training in handling the media and how to get the right message out. When he does this kind of press, his aim is let the public know he has a great show coming soon at a venue near them whereas what the media wants is dirt on the Eagles.

I'm surprised by his comment about Glenn during the Q&A but he's not alone in holding back the praise until Glenn's death.

On that line, maybe Don needs encouragement to be more than an Eagles tribute act. That's the safe option but even if his show was only 50% Eagles, that might satisfy the audience.

Stuck on the Border Annoying Twit's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by chaim View Post
    Felder wrote the music for "One of these nights"? Is it the darn bassline again?
    Seems to be the bassline: https://books.google.co.uk/books?id=...ritten&f=false

The bassline is part of arrangement, not songwriting unless it's a fundamental part of the song. It's a recognisable intro, but I don't think it's indispensible. It would be the same song without it.

It's very common for people whose role in a band is arranging songs to feel that they deserve more credit for songwriting.

If Eagles were splitting income equally back then, would that have included the songwriting royalties? From what I've read, I would think so.

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by Annoying Twit View Post
    If Eagles were splitting income equally back then, would that have included the songwriting royalties? From what I've read, I would think so.
    Originally they split songwriting royalties but that changed, probably around the time Felder joined. Going by liner notes, for the first three albums. all the Eagles songs are "Kicking Bear" which I assume was band publishing, for the next two, no publishing is given and on The Long Run, they each have their own publishing (eg Cass County, Red Cloud). If you can find the publishing credits for the One of These Nights album, you might be able to confirm.

This the only thing I agree with Felder on. He has every right to be for the lack of a better term ticked off on being fired. I mean who wouldn't be mad about being fired from a job they supposedly loved and been apart off for so long. Everything else I disagree with.