Page 5 of 92 FirstFirst 1234567891555 ... LastLast

Thread: Don Felder in the Press/Blogs/etc.

Stuck on the Border MaryCalifornia's Avatar

Default Re: Don Felder in the Press/Blogs/etc.

Love what you made, SM!!

Thanks, Mary!

Wasn't sure whether to post this in press for Road to Forever or this more general thread.

http://blogs.houstonpress.com/rocks/...olo_flight.php

SS
    xx
    http://secretsquirrelshorts.blogspot...-charisma.html

Got this in a Google alert. It could go here or in Eagles In The Press so I will post it in both. http://blogs.houstonpress.com/rocks/...sed.php?page=2. Give it a rest.

Border Desperado

Thanks for that GL!

many times I have thought that they all should "get over it"- of course this is all based upon what I have read about this split between Felder and the rest of the band. So I do wonder if there is more to the story or are they all being hard headed/stubborn about this issue? Again, based on what I have read, Felder comes across as a complainer and so often you really just need to count your blessings. Being a member of the Eagles, to this day, is what still gets him publicity.

Quote Originally Posted by Zanny View Post
    Thanks for that GL!

many times I have thought that they all should "get over it"- of course this is all based upon what I have read about this split between Felder and the rest of the band. So I do wonder if there is more to the story or are they all being hard headed/stubborn about this issue? Again, based on what I have read, Felder comes across as a complainer and so often you really just need to count your blessings. Being a member of the Eagles, to this day, is what still gets him publicity.
    Exactly!

Here is a good interview from 2001 in which they discuss Felder, I guess right after he was gone. Even sweet Timothy B. gets into the mix a little. You have to login to read it, but I did and it was no big deal, and it's worth it for the interview:

http://www.classicrockmagazine.com/f...gles-interview

Edit: Compare this interview with the Felder interview above - here is Felder, today, talking about wanting to be friends and he doesn't get why the guys don't want anything to do with him, and in the 2001 interview, their sense of relief and even joy at the fact of him being gone is palpable. The more I learn and read, I get the sense that things started to go bad with him around '76 or so? They kept him on through 2001 - 11 active years, such a long time, for the good of the band. Imagine the entire time he was driving them nuts. That is such a long time, and they were trying to avoid the unpleasantness of firing him. He needs to stop talking about them, it doesn't reflect well on him.
    Last edited by MaryCalifornia; 05-16-2014 at 12:22 PM.

Stuck on the Border

It's a good interview, but wouldn't it be better in the Eagles press section? I know it covers Felder's leaving and I love the exchange about the use of the word "unrest".
    There also the bit where Don Henley talks about Glenn's contribution to Hotel California.

Edit: I see why you put it in here, now.
    Last edited by UndertheWire; 05-16-2014 at 12:48 PM.

Definitely it should go there too, I just haven't done it yet - was editing my post!

Stuck on the Border

If I understand correctly, Felder's lawyer was asking to see the accounts back to 1974 - more than 20 years earlier. I don't know about the rules in the US, but I only aim to keep records for about 7 years. If someone asked me to produce receipts and detailed accounts from the creation of the company, I couldn't do it. I'd also think it was an unreasonable request. My accounts are clean but I would want someone asking me to justify expenses incurred nearly 20 years ago. I certainly wouldn't want to see them splashed over the tabloid press which is what would have happened if the suit had gone to court.